ADVERTISEMENT

TROLLS LINE UP HERE......

Tubby with the sweaty horns is already on Twitter blaming the refs.

This post was edited on 1/31 4:12 PM by Cooper'sGhost

Yes what a way to exonerate the ghosts of losing on the road! I believe now if this isn't a confidence booster I don't know what is!

Originally posted by Cooper'sGhost:
Tubby with the sweaty horns is already on Twitter blaming the refs.

This post was edited on 1/31 4:12 PM by Cooper'sGhost
Are you serious? And to think why everyone here hates him. He wouldn't know class if it hit him in his fat rear end.

Great win....but this changes nothing.....Its our first win on the road in 11 games.....Enjoy the win, but one win does not change a trend for this program not being able to win on the road...

72 I know they have trashed us for some time, but we can show class in our win

Fan, thought was classy. Could have said F_ckVCU but I chose not to do so.

Good win guys. You should enjoy it immensely. Guess we should have expected a started thread like this - real nice.

42 really? I'd say it's huge considering it's been 15 years since we did that. Not sure what it will take for you to appreciate a win.

Sorry, you sure got me. It's actually 13 years and 11 months but I'm too lazy to look it up, feel free to correct me again. Hope you were there to enjoy it rather then Loathing behind a screen.

Its a great win...absolutely celebrate it and I am proud of them.....But this doesn't change anything unless we BUILD on this win....Win a few more games on the road, shoot to finish top 4 in the Atlantic 10...Just don't get overly excited about 1 win....This is still a team that won't be able to make the NCAAs (we don't have a prayer, open your eyes everyone), but maybe if things go really well we can make a run to an NIT bid (and hang another NIT banner....I still can't believe we do that)....

Hell Cooper, no one knows who Richmond is to hate us!! Lol. Great win, great day. Hopefully Weber is ok and back soon.

Hey 42, you sound miserable. It has to start somewhere and I can't think of a better place than Feces U. You're blind if you can't see the difference in this team in the last 7 or 8 games. They started building then. You need to come out from behind that screen and catch up on things.

Originally posted by Spiders42:
I'm not "loathing behind a screen"....I'm trying to give you a dose of reality Ferrum....
The reality is that during conference play we have played like one of the top 4 teams in the conference. We are going to be favored in every game the rest of the season, including all of our away games. Going 12-6 in conference should be expected, with a 2nd round bye and a real shot for the auto bid. NIT is very likely if we keep playing like we have in conference and don't grab the NCAA autobid.

This post was edited on 1/31 6:19 PM by fan2011

We will not be favored in vegas at home verse VCU and one can argue there may be a couple of other games we could be underdogs...And stop with this ncaa at large bid.....you just don't understand it. We have TWO top 75 RPI wins....and are 3-6 against top 100.

This post was edited on 1/31 4:30 PM by Spiders42

Right now we are lucky if the A10 gets 3 teams. This is not the a10 of the last few years where we get 5 plus bids. Just stop w the At large bid talk. Honestly we may have to win out and win a couple in the a10 tourny. Just not happening

This post was edited on 1/31 4:30 PM by Spiders42

Originally posted by Spiders42:
We will not be favored in vegas at home verse VCU and one can argue there may be a couple of other games we could be underdogs...And stop with this ncaa automatic bid.....you just don't understand it. We have TWO top 75 RPI wins....and are 3-6 against top 100.
If we get a second round bye we have to win 3 for the auto bid. After seeing us play the top 4 teams in the conference, we have a good chance to beat any of them on a neutral court.

Also, kenpom has us favored in the rest of our games and I expect sagarin will too when it updates. The kenpom line moves the vegas line, so I expect us to be favored in all our games by vegas as well.

This post was edited on 1/31 6:32 PM by fan2011

I'm in agreement with 42. I'm very happy with the win and the improvement over the past 8 games, but I am upset for the very same reasons. We waited too long to get it together. We have lost out on our chance for the NCAA tournament, so I can only be but so excited. It also highlights the fact that the talent was there all along. My question is why did it take so long to gel?

Amazing...we have hijacked the TROLLS... Thread with negativity.
Geez...enjoy the slaughter and silence of the Lambs!! There is a time for everything. A time for analysis and a time to celebrate. Just enjoy and wear your Spider gear with pride!
This post was edited on 1/31 7:39 PM by 8legs

Where is MudDiver??? Guess his tears shorted out his Shaka "Smart" phone.

This post was edited on 1/31 7:48 PM by SpiderK

This is my first post.....and I just can't hold back anymore. Everything that Spiders 42 and PAS are saying is 100% true. This board is filled with people who just think things are fine and dandy because we won a game at VCU. Yes, I enjoyed it a whole heck of a lot today but people are celebrating like we just won the A10 and over the past few weeks people celebrate CLOSE LOSSES!!!! listen, we are getting better. I get that. But I expected so much more from this program since our last NCAA run. Its like we are stuck in the middle of the pack every year .I just thought this program would have just gotten better and better but we are in the same spot every year....

And please don't call me "miserable" or an "idiot" like people said to 42 and PAS. I am a realist here. this program over the last few years has just made me numb. I just can't go crazy over this win today when I look at our body of work over the last couple of year

This post was edited on 1/31 7:57 PM by URfan92

to me 92, am not celebrating or happy because we are going to postseason, it is because they have owned us and we needed a win like this and all of us should be extremely happy about it. it is about beating rpi not that we are going to dance or anywhere in the postseason. some of you guys do seem like rpi people not SPIDS. any SPID should be wildly excited about beating this team.

welcome 92, hope you hang out regularly. let's enjoy this one for a few days

I don't think most of us are just blindly absolving the past 4 years because we beat VCU on their court, I sure as heck am not. At the same time, come on, there is a time and a place for everything. We got a huge road win over our rival, who was ranked #14, at their place. Let's enjoy it for a couple days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT