ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer - David Norris

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
Linebacker from UAB. Appears to have 4 years to play.

Welcome!

This post was edited on 1/2 10:20 PM by MolivaManiac

Re: Transfer - Davis Norris

I wondered if we would benefit from the fallout down there. Didn't think we would since their whole roster appeared to be from Alabama, but glad to see we were able to get someone.

Re: Transfer - Davis Norris

6'2" - 205 freshman from madison, al. assume redshirted thus the 4 years eligibility. name listed on blazer roster as David Norris as opposed to Davis.

Rivals shows him as a 2 star prospect in class of 2014 with offer from ODU in addition to UAB.

Good News. We are thin at linebacker. I think we could use more speed at LB. Hopefully some D1 talent will help in that area.

This post was edited on 1/3 7:49 AM by Spider B

Presume he enrolls 2nd semester and plays Spring ball.

David Norris (@david03norris) tweeted at 3:51pm - 2 Jan 15:

Officially committed to the university of Richmond. #GoSpiders

Danny looking for a couple of transfers:per JOC-

FBS transfer day is approaching.
Signing day in college football, the first Wednesday in February, is the biggest day of the offseason. Not far behind that for FCS programs in importance is the first day of second-semester classes.
That's when FBS transfers arrive so they can participate in spring football. Richmond has been active in the transfer market in recent years, and this year that's also likely.
UR begins the spring semester on Jan. 12.

"We're in on a couple of guys that remain candidates to come in," said Spiders coach Danny Rocco. "But this stuff is never set in stone. There is no binding agreement, so you're involved with some student-athletes that kind of let you know that they're either interested, or have been on campus and remain interested, or are deciding between us and somebody else.
"I'm hopeful to have a couple of (transfers)."

: Transfer - David Norris (UAB)and Devin Cook(Pitt)

Per JOC-

"The University of Richmond's football program will add a pair of Football Bowl Subdivision transfers as the school's spring semester starts Monday.
Coming aboard are linebacker David Norris, who transferred from the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and defensive lineman Devin Cook, who transfers from Pitt.

Norris, a 6-foot-2, 205-pounder from Madison, Ala., has four seasons of eligibility remaining. He redshirted in 2014 at UAB, which discontinued its program following the season.
Cook, a 6-4, 240-pounder from Beaver Falls, Pa., has one season of eligibility remaining. He played in nine games for the Panthers in 2014 and was in on four tackles."

Spider B I think Evan Kelly is graduating as he started on stats in 2011. He will be missed as he had
an impact in the center of the defensive line.

So will Devin Cook have to redshirt, just like Michael Rocco had to sit out a year?

Per the UR press release, all three are eligible immediately. The fact that Cook doesn't have to sit even though he only has one year remaining suggests he graduated from Pitt. Unless I'm missing some other exception he would be eligible for.

Carolina, I think you are right that he is graduating, but I think he was granted another year of eligibility. So he could come back and play as a grad student, correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT