ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Shine, Noyes

stuggled to get on the floor? How about stop getting hurt? HE WAS given the keys to the car and what did he do w/ it? zilch,

I know its taboo to criticize sons or posters.
Someone was triggered😂
Cheer Up Wow GIF by Disney Channel

Reactions: 97spiderfan
I refuse to not see Cedric Lindsay's name as one of the better defenders of the Mooney era. Also what about the NCAA steals leader Gilly?
Garrett, Gonzo, Ced, and Butler would be on my top defenders list. Yeah, ok, you can add Gilly, he was the all time steals leader and you can't dispute that but his height and propensity to go for the steal at all costs, sometimes allowed him to be exploited. Goose would not be on my list. How many games did his defense cost us last year with silly fouls in the waning minutes?

Garrett, Gonzo, Ced, and Butler would be on my top defenders list. Yeah, ok, you can add Gilly, he was the all time steals leader and you can't dispute that but his height and propensity to go for the steal at all costs, sometimes allowed him to be exploited. Goose would not be on my list. How many games did his defense cost us last year with silly fouls in the waning minutes?
Maybe a few silly, costly fouls, but also a lot of games where he flat out shut down the opponent's top scorer, causing a 16-20 point a game scorer to score well below his average. You could see him frustrate his guy at times, when he couldn't even get free to get the ball because of Goose.

You can question Goose's offense, but the guy was an outstanding defender.

Reactions: urfan1 and GKiller
Maybe a few silly, costly fouls, but also a lot of games where he flat out shut down the opponent's top scorer, causing a 16-20 point a game scorer to score well below his average. You could see him frustrate his guy at times, when he couldn't even get free to get the ball because of Goose.

You can question Goose's offense, but the guy was an outstanding defender.

Goose didn't make 97's list. Shocking. Never saw that coming lol.

He played 141 games. Career barometer. For sure he had a few costly fouls last year, in a 15-18 year it didnt exactly matter, tho he shut down at least half a dozen guys last year too like Bishop Grant Loyer, the Sessoms guy from Ped State.

Goose was an excellent defender almost from the get go. Him & Garrett r easy for me tho I like the others too. But whoever said most good defenders were coming from an earlier Moon era I agree. Ododa was also a pretty good interior defender.

Did not realize Aidan has a younger brother, Talan, who's a high school senior this year. 5'11" guard who doesn't seem to have recruiting interest at this point, but at least Hovde hooked him up with a meeting at UF.

Sometimes it is hard to rate defense because a lock down defender might not have good defensive stats in terms of steals or blocks, but just simply they limit the opposing players best player to low output. Any player with a lot of steals is going to have nights or a reputation of going for steals and your going to miss a lot as well. Just like a home run hitter who swings for the fences, likely going to be countered with a lot of strikeouts.

I would put GIlly on the list for his steals. I don't label him as a lock down defender. But he did have a knack for getting a steal and sometimes big steals at just the right moment, whether it be to spark a run, or end of game to ice the game. But I never looked at him as a guy who you would put on someone to shut down the opposing player. But nonetheless - he is an all-time defender.

Reactions: urfan1
I think JOC is on to something w/ projected starting lineup, has brought it up a couple times. Will be interesting to see who is first guard off bench. I was anticipiting it to be Dji before the move to F. And Roche was viewed as Burton F backup by Mooney so I'm not sure he's the guard either, tho he certainly has shooting guard skills. Doesn't matter too much bc we'll play 3 guard type linueps, and Roche & Dji r more interchangeable G/F types anyway. But if we're looking at purely backcourt it means 1 of the freshman is the first backcourt sub, and could be looking at a little more pt than expected.

I think JOC is on to something w/ projected starting lineup, has brought it up a couple times. Will be interesting to see who is first guard off bench. I was anticipiting it to be Dji before the move to F. And Roche was viewed as Burton F backup by Mooney so I'm not sure he's the guard either, tho he certainly has shooting guard skills. Doesn't matter too much bc we'll play 3 guard type linueps, and Roche & Dji r more interchangeable G/F types anyway. But if we're looking at purely backcourt it means 1 of the freshman is the first backcourt sub, and could be looking at a little more pt than expected.
Based what I’ve heard not seen Mikkel could be that guard…to back up Jordan although prob not a ton of mins. Collin is another Fr I think may get some time too. I think the wing spot will come down to 3 guys Aidan, Dji, and Roche. But all will play I think practice after break will sort out the final starting spot.

Reactions: GKiller and urfan1
I agree but JOC wrote a similarly glowing article about Noyes last year and he played a total of 50 minutes.

I do agree that 4 of the 5 starting line ups are set. With Dji, Roche, and Noyes battling it out for the last spot. To me, it comes down to what do we need in that spot. If we need shooting, than Roche is the guy If we need athletic/slasher than Noyes is the guy, if we need defense/ball handling than Dji is the guy.

From what I've read, know and heard about our team make-up, I think we are going to need shooting at the 3 the most. Of course, each of those 3 has the potential to just beat out the other two regardless of need as well. Will be interesting for sure.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
I agree but JOC wrote a similarly glowing article about Noyes last year and he played a total of 50 minutes.

I do agree that 4 of the 5 starting line ups are set. With Dji, Roche, and Noyes battling it out for the last spot. To me, it comes down to what do we need in that spot. If we need shooting, than Roche is the guy If we need athletic/slasher than Noyes is the guy, if we need defense/ball handling than Dji is the guy.

From what I've read, know and heard about our team make-up, I think we are going to need shooting at the 3 the most. Of course, each of those 3 has the potential to just beat out the other two regardless of need as well. Will be interesting for sure.

What article was that? There was the one where Moon said in Q&A that Noyes took biggest step last summer & needed seasoning. JOC is not above speculation so it’s def possible I’m just not remembering.

But this feels different. Say what u want on JOC but he usually gets very good intel on Spids.

I would be surprised if it’s not Noyes/Roche. Like woke up tomorrow w my head sewn to the carpet surprised. We r not going to run out a starting group w just King as known 3 pt threat. Noyes looks like shooter too but jury still out. Last year we were running with the 1s in summer but now we have no idea 😉

To me the 1st backcourt sub plays a solid role. Yes King & Hunt will get heavy mins. But that one interesting to me. Whether just the frosh or if Moon defaults back to the vets & plays Dji & Roche more in “backcourt” rotations too.

What article was that? There was the one where Moon said in Q&A that Noyes took biggest step last summer & needed seasoning. JOC is not above speculation so it’s def possible I’m just not remembering.

But this feels different. Say what u want on JOC but he usually gets very good intel on Spids.

I would be surprised if it’s not Noyes/Roche. Like woke up tomorrow w my head sewn to the carpet surprised. We r not going to run out a starting group w just King as known 3 pt threat. Noyes looks like shooter too but jury still out. Last year we were running with the 1s in summer but now we have no idea 😉

To me the 1st backcourt sub plays a solid role. Yes King & Hunt will get heavy mins. But that one interesting to me. Whether just the frosh or if Moon defaults back to the vets & plays Dji & Roche more in “backcourt” rotations too.
I have a pretty good idea from what I’ve seen and told…but choose not to share this season bc of slick remarks some like to make 😉You may need to get the sewing machine ready 🤷🏼‍♂️ but def don’t think Roche is in the convo for that starting spot. Anything I’ve ever shared when comes to practices/workouts was the truth. Lots of things go on that the majority have zero clue about. That said I think bench players could range between Noyes, Dji, Tyler, Roche and Mikkel, Mike but one of the 1st two will starting. Also Collin has looked solid and can shoot it. TBH don’t think it’s been decided yet, but have suspicions of who. I think after fall break we will know more of what guys are locked in.

I haven’t paid too much attention this off-season, but seems like it’s assumed Hunt is an automatic starter who will get 30 mins a game. I don’t understand why. Maybe he proves me wrong but the numbers say he’s a 6 footer who doesn’t shoot well. I don’t think that warrants heavy minutes unless he’s looking amazing in practice. Anyone in the know have a different opinion?

I haven’t paid too much attention this off-season, but seems like it’s assumed Hunt is an automatic starter who will get 30 mins a game. I don’t understand why. Maybe he proves me wrong but the numbers say he’s a 6 footer who doesn’t shoot well. I don’t think that warrants heavy minutes unless he’s looking amazing in practice. Anyone in the know have a different opinion?
We need scoring and Hunt is a proven scorer. Also, could be the best ball handler on the team. Has shown he can make the 3 on high volume (35+% freshman year).. Very quick and fast and can finish at the rim.

We need scoring and Hunt is a proven scorer. Also, could be the best ball handler on the team. Has shown he can make the 3 on high volume (35+% freshman year).. Very quick and fast and can finish at the rim.
Hunt is a pretty low efficiency scorer who depended on volume to get ~10ppg at Wagner. I hope we aren’t going to be depending on him for offense.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Hunt is a pretty low efficiency scorer who depended on volume to get ~10ppg at Wagner. I hope we aren’t going to be depending on him for offense.
That’s my impression too, but of course I’m basing that solely on stats and haven’t watched him play. My thought is if we need more offense give Roche a shot at the 2. Lose some ball handling that way but with a 5th year player at PG that shouldn’t matter as much.

I don't see Roche starting unless he has improved dramatically. As stated previously, better guard play and additional offensive threats on the floor should help Roche get better shots, which should help him score more.

The same principles (guard play and shooting threats) will also help Noyes. Noyes is bigger, appears more athletic, and seems an effective shooter. Even though he is inexperienced (coach's fault), I see Noyes getting the start and more minutes. If Noyes fails to produce, then Roche may see an increase in his minutes.

I think it likely that Hunt starts because his teammates have expressed high confidence in him more than once this offseason. I think it likely that Bailey is a strong sub, and that he gets more minutes than he has in the past. I don't know about him playing forward, seems to me that is a bit of a reach.

I'm going with King, Hunt, Quinn, Bigelow, and Noyes. Bailey, Tanner, Roche off bench. *** Mooney almost never agrees with me, so I will not be shocked to see something different to start the year :):)

Hunt seems to have been inconsistent, good 3 point shooter freshman year , good 2 pointer shooter & good O rating Sophomore year. We will see if he puts it all together.

I have a pretty good idea from what I’ve seen and told…but choose not to share this season bc of slick remarks some like to make 😉You may need to get the sewing machine ready 🤷🏼‍♂️ but def don’t think Roche is in the convo for that starting spot. Anything I’ve ever shared when comes to practices/workouts was the truth. Lots of things go on that the majority have zero clue about. That said I think bench players could range between Noyes, Dji, Tyler, Roche and Mikkel, Mike but one of the 1st two will starting. Also Collin has looked solid and can shoot it. TBH don’t think it’s been decided yet, but have suspicions of who. I think after fall break we will know more of what guys are locked in.

Know u r an emoji guy I thought you’d like the wink emoji. Sorry couldn’t resist the running with the 1s nor the xmas vaca reference. Btw the prior post u said Roche was in the starter convo & next post he’s def not in convo 🤷‍♂️

jmo I think Noyes is most likely & next Roche. we can see in a few weeks. In private i expect the coaches know. Fwiw Moon just talked up Noyes & Roche a lot as guys that have stood out in a new podcast interview. But he’s gonna talk up a # of guys.

I’m anxious to see Dji role too. Think it was sman who first said playing the wing/forward does not open more time for him. I’m not convinced we don’t ultimately see him getting backcourt mins. Positionless basketball!

Know u r an emoji guy I thought you’d like the wink emoji. Sorry couldn’t resist the running with the 1s nor the xmas vaca reference. Btw the prior post u said Roche was in the starter convo & next post he’s def not in convo 🤷‍♂️

jmo I think Noyes is most likely & next Roche. we can see in a few weeks. In private i expect the coaches know. Fwiw Moon just talked up Noyes & Roche a lot as guys that have stood out in a new podcast interview. But he’s gonna talk up a # of guys.

I’m anxious to see Dji role too. Think it was sman who first said playing the wing/forward does not open more time for him. I’m not convinced we don’t ultimately see him getting backcourt mins. Positionless basketball!
I agree with you on Aidan he’s had a good off-season…I personally think the last spot is up to him and Dji. I think the Roche injury slowed him down in the off-season. I prob should have worded that post a little better but meant we will see Roche at the wing spot not necessarily as starter. As far as Dji's role I think we will see him at the guard spot some too but he’s been playing mostly on the wing. My main hope is that he remains healthy this season🙏🏼 so he can be on the court. We have a lot of guys that could contribute but will we see them, based on our time here maybe not, but would love to be wrong.

I'm not too concerned about who starts but I think we need both to be big time contributors this year. Dji, if he can stay healthy can do a little bit of everything and play D. Noyes, as I recall a former teammate said he was our best NBA prospect. And I'm pretty sure Tyler Burton was on the team then. Seems line Hunt is going to have every opportunity for big minutes. Do agree with concerns about his offensive efficiency, but hopefully he can elevate his game. Still looking for Soulis to work his way on the court at some point and have an impact.

I like a starting 5 of King, Hunt, Noyes, Bigs, and Quinn. I think it is time to see what Noyes will give us. We will need Roche's 3 point shooting so I look for him to get some good minutes off the bench. I am excited to see what Tanner can give us. He seems like a real good one, with good size and shooting. If Harris can be a factor defensively and on the boards, some minutes will be there for him. Hopefully, Walz can be a capable back up to Quinn, and give us some positive minutes when on the floor.

I love the potential of Smith, Tyne, amd Soulis, but it might be tough for them to get into the rotation this year. I guess we'll see about Dji, but I think he is behind better shooters and ball handlers at guard, and behind better shooters and/or better size at wing, so I just don't see the minutes some of you see. I also don't get the if he can stay healthy talk. He has played 45 career games, including 20 last year with 7 starts, so health issues have not been the reason for a lack of minutes. But, he does provide good defense out there. and if he has elevated his game offensively, he could get more minutes than I think he might get.

Last edited:
It is hard to believe that there is a possibility that all the 2023-24 UR starters would be transfers (if Roche were to start). I am sure some will say it is a sign of the times and what UR needs to do to compete, but I don’t believe that for a second. So here’s to looking forward to seeing a new “foundation” being built this year. Obviously, we won’t see lots of playing time by the “collective future” of the program, but hopefully we do see some development time being spent on the court.

As stated previously, better guard play and additional offensive threats on the floor should help Roche get better shots, which should help him score more.
so I was thinking about this ^.

for argument's sake, let's run with King, Hunt, Noyes, Bigelow and Quinn.

doesn't sound like Dji will backup King. let's say those backup minutes go to Tyne, but Hunt could slide over for those 5-8 minutes. consider all 40 minutes at point accounted for.

Hunt isn't an efficient scorer but sounds like he's crazy tough and a leader. pretty clear he's starting and playing a good amount, though not as much as King. who backs up the off guard spot? Mooney didn't seem to think Roche was a guard, but the candidates are Roche, Smith, Tanner and even Graham.

there isn't enough minutes for everyone at the wing. say Noyes starts and plays say 22 mpg. and assume Dji plays just 10 mpg. or vice versa. but that would only leave 8 mpg for Roche and Tanner here.

big forward is Bigelow and Harris. the 5 is Quinn, Walz and Soulis.

so while I agree with Mooney's comment that Roche will be better with the new guards ... but how is he going to get more and better shots if he isn't playing enough minutes? if he's going to get back to at least the 18 mpg he got last year, I think most if it will have to come backing up Hunt at off guard.

Reactions: gospidersgo
yes, seems a bit crowded in the big guard/ wing category. I do recall one year we had Butler, K Smith and Martel all vying for time and all contributed throughout the season. So I could see Noyes/Roche/Dji doing the same and all bringing a little something different to the table. Wildcard is Harris, but as sman mentions, may be more looked at as a Bigelow back up at the big forward.

Also, Tanner seems like he could be a factor as well.

Reactions: gospidersgo
so I was thinking about this ^.

for argument's sake, let's run with King, Hunt, Noyes, Bigelow and Quinn.

doesn't sound like Dji will backup King. let's say those backup minutes go to Tyne, but Hunt could slide over for those 5-8 minutes. consider all 40 minutes at point accounted for.

Hunt isn't an efficient scorer but sounds like he's crazy tough and a leader. pretty clear he's starting and playing a good amount, though not as much as King. who backs up the off guard spot? Mooney didn't seem to think Roche was a guard, but the candidates are Roche, Smith, Tanner and even Graham.

there isn't enough minutes for everyone at the wing. say Noyes starts and plays say 22 mpg. and assume Dji plays just 10 mpg. or vice versa. but that would only leave 8 mpg for Roche and Tanner here.

big forward is Bigelow and Harris. the 5 is Quinn, Walz and Soulis.

so while I agree with Mooney's comment that Roche will be better with the new guards ... but how is he going to get more and better shots if he isn't playing enough minutes? if he's going to get back to at least the 18 mpg he got last year, I think most if it will have to come backing up Hunt at off guard.
We have debated about your 1-5 position talk before, but does a lineup really have to be so set with positions as you are saying? Why can't Roche play a few minutes with Noyes? I have seen lineups with 4 guards against us, so we certainly wouldn't be too small there. Also, against certain lineups, we don't always have to have either Quinn, Walz, or Soulis out there. It's become a guards game, and plenty of teams go small these days.
But, even if Noyes and Roche don't play much together, why give Dji 10 minutes and Roche only 8? Does it make sense to give our best 3 point shooter only 8 minutes in this example? And, against teams who don't pressure well, we could play Roche at guard. Bottom line is there are plenty of minutes available for our best 3 point shooter, and he needs to be out there. I don't think we have enough other volume 35%+ 3 point shooters for him not to be.

We have debated about your 1-5 position talk before, but does a lineup really have to be so set with positions as you are saying? Why can't Roche play a few minutes with Noyes? I have seen lineups with 4 guards against us, so we certainly wouldn't be too small there. Also, against certain lineups, we don't always have to have either Quinn, Walz, or Soulis out there. It's become a guards game, and plenty of teams go small these days.
But, even if Noyes and Roche don't play much together, why give Dji 10 minutes and Roche only 8? Does it make sense to give our best 3 point shooter only 8 minutes in this example? And, against teams who don't pressure well, we could play Roche at guard. Bottom line is there are plenty of minutes available for our best 3 point shooter, and he needs to be out there. I don't think we have enough other volume 35%+ 3 point shooters for him not to be.
I didn't say Noyes and Roche can't play together. in my rundown, Noyes is a 3. Roche might get some time backing up at the 3, but I think more of his time will come backing up the 2 ... which sometimes could be next to Noyes.

I personally will always have a center on the floor. that's why we have 3 of them. not to put a 6'7" 205 lb guy defending another team's post player. but yes, if the other team runs a JV team out there we can play all guards.

yes, seems a bit crowded in the big guard/ wing category. I do recall one year we had Butler, K Smith and Martel all vying for time and all contributed throughout the season. So I could see Noyes/Roche/Dji doing the same and all bringing a little something different to the table. Wildcard is Harris, but as sman mentions, may be more looked at as a Bigelow back up at the big forward.

Also, Tanner seems like he could be a factor as well.
Butler, K. Smith, and Martel played together a lot. When Butler was a sophomore and Smith a freshman, they combined for over 45 minutes a game. The next year, with Martel a freshman, the 3 of them combined for over 62 mpg. And, Butler's senior year, they combined for 57 mpg, and that was with KA, Gonzo, Harp, and Geriot still getting a lot of minutes. 200 minutes is a lot. Roche should and likely will get plenty.

Reactions: spider23
I didn't say Noyes and Roche can't play together. in my rundown, Noyes is a 3. Roche might get some time backing up at the 3, but I think more of his time will come backing up the 2 ... which sometimes could be next to Noyes.

I personally will always have a center on the floor. that's why we have 3 of them. not to put a 6'7" 205 lb guy defending another team's post player. but yes, if the other team runs a JV team out there we can play all guards.
Not saying JV team, just saying there have been plenty of times we have faced lineups on the floor of 6'7 or 6'8 as the opponents biggest guy with not a lot more size beside him. Plenty of teams don't even have solid post players. If Quinn gets a couple early fouls, and the opponent does not have a lot of size, why would we have to play Walz or Soulis for 15 minutes in the 1st half?

I think given Moon's history, that we can expect King to regularly play north of 35 minutes per game barring foul trouble. Tyne and Smith can get in there for minutes, and as mentioned we do play two lead guards together often against teams that pressure (i.e. VCU) so can expect that for a few minutes some games.

I do want Roche to get enough run and extended minutes so that he can get enough quality looks. I pointed out last year that when a bench gunner comes in, defenses are hyper-aware of him, so often have no trouble keying on a guy for a short stint. But with more minutes, defenses turn over, guys lose focus on shooters because of the extended game flow and that's where a shooter can bury two quick 3s and make a difference. Can he be an effective guy in 3-4 minute stints? Probably, but it makes it tougher in my opinion.

One other note on Roche - since the preseason hype from the coaches has been on team speed, I hope that there is emphasis on pushing the ball up court and utilizing that speed - and even the threat of that speed - to get shooters open looks. It doesn't have to be fast-break basketball, but just using that quickness to maybe force the pace off of rebounds and make a defense adjust on the fly as they get back, collapse it a bit so that Roche (or Noyes or whoever) can get one or two looks like that per game. With this team speed it would be a disservice to it to walk the ball up each time to run the UR weave after each opponent missed shot. Force the defense to defend from the moment they miss a shot, don't give them 5 free seconds to jog back and catch their breath.

I think given Moon's history, that we can expect King to regularly play north of 35 minutes per game barring foul trouble. Tyne and Smith can get in there for minutes, and as mentioned we do play two lead guards together often against teams that pressure (i.e. VCU) so can expect that for a few minutes some games.

I do want Roche to get enough run and extended minutes so that he can get enough quality looks. I pointed out last year that when a bench gunner comes in, defenses are hyper-aware of him, so often have no trouble keying on a guy for a short stint. But with more minutes, defenses turn over, guys lose focus on shooters because of the extended game flow and that's where a shooter can bury two quick 3s and make a difference. Can he be an effective guy in 3-4 minute stints? Probably, but it makes it tougher in my opinion.

One other note on Roche - since the preseason hype from the coaches has been on team speed, I hope that there is emphasis on pushing the ball up court and utilizing that speed - and even the threat of that speed - to get shooters open looks. It doesn't have to be fast-break basketball, but just using that quickness to maybe force the pace off of rebounds and make a defense adjust on the fly as they get back, collapse it a bit so that Roche (or Noyes or whoever) can get one or two looks like that per game. With this team speed it would be a disservice to it to walk the ball up each time to run the UR weave after each opponent missed shot. Force the defense to defend from the moment they miss a shot, don't give them 5 free seconds to jog back and catch their breath.
Agree 100% with all of this....well said.

Yes, you are correct, it was a Mooney Q&A session last year which JOC wrote about that I am remembering.

Also, agree that JOC writing an article saying that Noyes is in position to be a starter this year is a pretty strong indication that this is the case, especially what Dad said about Roche, makes me think that to start the season, Noyes is gonna be in the starting line up.

This year is at least exciting to see what roles all of these new players will have. This team lacks any type of top end talent, in my opinion, which the only bright side that can come from that, is Mooney will have to run his offense not through a player or two, but to really run the offense. As I remember Mooney's early years when he didn't know what he had, these were also the years that his offense really caught other teams off guard.

Not saying JV team, just saying there have been plenty of times we have faced lineups on the floor of 6'7 or 6'8 as the opponents biggest guy with not a lot more size beside him. Plenty of teams don't even have solid post players. If Quinn gets a couple early fouls, and the opponent does not have a lot of size, why would we have to play Walz or Soulis for 15 minutes in the 1st half?
if teams go small against us, we can certainly go small back. or we can take advantage with size.

when Grace was injured last year, Mooney didn't use Walz much as a sub for Quinn. not sure how effective that was. I guess Walz wasn't considered ready. hopefully he is now as a soph. or Soulis is ready from day 1.

we traditionally have a problem rebounding as it is. I don't like being undersized. Bigelow is a strong rebounder from the forward spot. not sure anyone else on the roster is a plus rebounder for their position.

if teams go small against us, we can certainly go small back. or we can take advantage with size.

when Grace was injured last year, Mooney didn't use Walz much as a sub for Quinn. not sure how effective that was. I guess Walz wasn't considered ready. hopefully he is now as a soph. or Soulis is ready from day 1.

we traditionally have a problem rebounding as it is. I don't like being undersized. Bigelow is a strong rebounder from the forward spot. not sure anyone else on the roster is a plus rebounder for their position.
If my memory serves me, Walz did get some time when Grace was injured but injured his ankle in practice after a a couple games and then was out himself.

Grace injured his knee against Charleston in mid-November and missed the next four games. Walz got a grand total of 7 minutes across those games.

Walz's ankle injury was in February.

Grace injured his knee against Charleston in mid-November and missed the next four games. Walz got a grand total of 7 minutes across those games.

Walz's ankle injury was in February.
Thanks. Walz was starting to get some minutes mid season before his ankle injury, so maybe he wasn't ready early on when Grace was injured but was seeing some minutes as the season progressed before his injury.

From my recollection, he was a really good passer out of the high post, decent rebounder, did not get abused defensively, but was not much of a scoring threat.

I viewed him as a rotational/back-up for Quinn at best based on the minutes he got last year. Hopefully, he has improved though and is ready for a slightly larger role this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT