ADVERTISEMENT

Threatened for wearing a UR Spider shirt

FrontRoyalSpider

Team Manager
Jun 20, 2011
Believe it or not I was verbally threatened for wearing a Richmond Spider shirt here in Front Royal !

While waiting in line at one of the 7 11 stores here a young guy 20 or 30 something said to me he ought to punch me in the face for wearing a UR shirt! He said UR is nothing but a bunch of rich yankee bastards and that nobody from Virginia goes there. I told him that my family has graduates from three generations that earned degrees from UR and that all of us were born and raised in Virginia. I quickly paid for my purchase and got in my car and drove away.

unfortunately there are many jerks out there in this world -- glad to hear you are wearing the colors

I actually don't believe it, so I'm glad that was one of the options you set out at the beginning of your post.

Neither I nor any Richmond student/graduate that I know has ever experienced even one interaction with a non-Richmond student/graduate such as the ones you post about from time to time. Either you have the worst luck of all time, or there is something else you are doing to provoke people into behaving the way you claim. I can understand the occasional insult tossed from drunk opposing fans during the heat of a game (especially if you are attending an away game, as that comes with the territory), but not from a complete stranger in a random public setting.

Add to that the fact that nobody unaffiliated with UR personally cares whether its student body is 0% or 100% Virginian (and I'd wager most of us who are affiliated consider it a non-issue). If by some chance this exchange actually happened as you describe it, I'm guessing the person in question was rejected and erroneously believes (as you do) that there is some anti-Virginian admissions policy at work. There's always a chance to find common ground, and perhaps you two could have bonded over this.

You have the right not to believe it.

Whether you believe it or not it does not matter because it actually did happen.

I agree with Ryland. The only place this occurred is in your mentally disturbed front royal head.

Let's see your car with Richmond plates was vandalized not only at JMU and VCU (yet you rarely go to UR games on campus), and now you were verbally attacked for your shirt at 7 11. And what a coincidence the guy didn't say you know I don't like the Spiders b/c I went to such & such school, he went with they're a bunch of rich yankee bastards, the same thing you consistently spew on this board. He must have been reading your mind!

Why this predictable & repetitive nonsense continues on here I don't know. But in my opinion its 1 reason this board has deteriorated.

Originally posted by WebSpinner:
think it was Moliva, he was out that way this weekend
Ironically, I was driving back from my rich in-laws in eastern PA last night, ran into traffic on 95 south, so i swung over to 495 and saw the sign for Front Royal when i got to the Virginia side. I laughed to myself.

And then exited the highway and went to a 7-11.

Fan1 protects this absolute knucklehead.Still stand by my utter amazement that UR bestowed an undergraduate degree on this guy.Talk about lowering the bar.Very sad.Contributes nothing positive.Nothing.

This is now additional paranoia nonsense.Who cares?

This post was edited on 8/11 3:40 PM by 32counter

I believe this could have happened. I have encountered many people in Richmond who think that UR is now just exactly what FRS explains. I often defend our school stating the known facts about the amount of students from Virginia. I do not view these people as stupid/wacky enough to have done what FRS explains. I am sure there are others out there in Virginia that believe UR is full of northern rich brats and would then verbally attack someone about that fact.

Maybe the kid was rejected by UR and had to settle for JMU. :)

32counter, for your information I completed over 120 hours of academic work at UR. I carried a 3.2 GPA throughout my 4 years at UR. You can be amazed all you want. In my book you come across as one who has the mentality and personal relations skills not only of a Dillweed but also a mushroom.

You really need to go get a life, because it seems to me you do not have one. Besides, how much of a life can a Dillweed or mushroom have?

Your claim that UR "lowered the bar" is unfounded. While I was not #1 in my high school class, my final high school GRA was 3,8 and I was inducted into the National Honor Society. I also graduated from , at the time, one of the best public high schools in the state! UR lowered the bar? Don't think so. You need to go get off of those mushrooms you are consuming and get your head straight!

This post was edited on 8/11 4:01 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

This post was edited on 8/11 4:12 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

97 there are generalizations about any school, some that have some truth to them. And certainly a school shirt can be a good conversation starter, been a part of them starting & receiving.

what I'm saying is it could not have happened to that tard FRS. Take out the FRS angle and what he's about, and nobody is going up to some old dude buying geratol and a pack of Marlboro reds in 7 11 and saying I want to punch u in the face over a UR shirt anyway. Even though 7 11 is one of the most popular hangouts in Front Raw.

This is most eloquently and factually linked for your reference. Everything it says is true but left out being 1 of the worst school systems around...unless you aspire to be an apprentice to a meth dealer.

Maybe if this had occurred and FRS even ended up being punched in the face it could have been a blessing. For the tooth decay. Although finding a dentist would require getting to Warrenton, VA.

The Truth about Front Royal

Actually GKiiller there are at least two dentists here in Front Royal. No need to go to Warrenton.

Besides you putting down Front Royal does not hurt me a bit. I was not born and raised here.

from the urban dictionary written by spaghetti goddess so it must be true.

32, you are now a Dillweed to the second degree. Keep it up and you are going to be Dillweed squared or perhaps Dillweed to infinity plus one, no backsies.

Maybe Front Raw Spider has a stalker. Dateline or 20/20 may be fighting over this future mockumentary. Car vandalized at both VCU & JMU and then verbally threatened by a UR hater over its admission policies while standing in line at 7 11. What amazingly powerful odds. Play the powerball Front Raw!

Just realized. I am heading to FR tomorrow. Will be driving my Prius with a spider sticker on back and UR plate frames. I don't know if I should pack but the only gun I think I have access to is the old family musket a great grandmother used to try to hold off Yankees plundering her property in IOW county and even then I' d have to strap it to the top of the car as it might not fit inside. Might wear a spider tie and maybe spider cuff links. Could use a spider tee under my dress shirt which would be revealed like the unfurling of the Jolly Roger when I do my scriveners strip outside my car before heading back to Mecca,

A, did those pesky blue coats really mess with ISLE OF WIGHT? please be careful and if you run into the Front, you should be fine, two against one, if attacked for being a SPID.

Yes the blue cavalry went through IOW. So I went, conducted business and have returned from FR. Did my scriveners strip in front of the work release building exposing one of my red Nat'l Champs shirts but the streets in this area were void of people so no way to gauge a reaction. A very pretty area of Virginia and where I was, a quaint but hurting small town like many in Va. I tried to note the teeth conditions of those I viewed on way in and out of town but nothing unusual to report. I dont think I'll ever beable to view FR as I did before the enlightenment of this thread.

As for 'fandom' the town (and Warren County) are teeming with the fans of the following :

Washington Redskins
Pittsburgh Steelers
(and for some reason) Dallas Cowboys
Washington Nationals
JMU Dukes Everywhere there are JMUers. They really despise us Spiders!
Va Tech Gobblers (Hokies)

As far as I know there are only six Spiders.,One of whom saved my life when he performed a colonoscopy on me back in 2007!

As for the condition of peoples' teeth around here, I don't inspect folks' teeth, so I don't know' We are less than 30 miles from the Va /WVa line, so maybe that might indicate something.
This post was edited on 8/15 2:29 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

This post was edited on 8/15 4:45 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT