ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday's game sold out

So true. But the people doing #1 are the same folks who claim there are people saying sellouts prove our coach/team is having a good season. And I have not read that at all.
You may have missed this post which I think is at the root of the ruckus:

Post in thread 'Mooney to be UR coach next 15 to 20 years'
https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/...r-coach-next-15-to-20-years.14198/post-376773

So yes, there is at least one person saying this. And with that, I’m officially dropping any further comment on this one. It’s a ridiculous argument either way.

Reactions: urfan1
Me too. From now on, my position, every game:

1. Sellouts good.

2. A coaching change would be great.

3. Until that's made, wins are good and I want us to win every game.

4. Ergo, if we win every game, # 2 won't be necessary.

I have a friend who went to the GW game and he told me he thought there were an equal number of Spider fans at the game. So that is not because of fan support for the program, it was all do to U of R's great marketing department in selling tickets to the GW game?

I have a friend who went to the GW game and he told me he thought there were an equal number of Spider fans at the game. So that is not because of fan support for the program, it was all do to U of R's great marketing department in selling tickets to the GW game?

so it's ok that an average to below-average GW team beat us because we had a number of fans there

Probably accurate. May have had 100 in attendance for that one. At least this is how it looked on TV.

Reactions: Eight Legger
We have a big alumni group in DC. They always organize something for that game. It was great that we had 100 or 200 people there. It has literally nothing to do with what any of them think about Mooney as a coach. I suspect 75% or more of them don't even follow the program regularly.

Reactions: wr70beh
We have a big alumni group in DC. They always organize something for that game. It was great that we had 100 or 200 people there. It has literally nothing to do with what any of them think about Mooney as a coach. I suspect 75% or more of them don't even follow the program regularly.
Or they could just be spider fans and it has nothing to do with the coach.

I’m still trying to figure out this narrative that fan attendance is more about supporting the coach than the team.

Actually, I was in the DC area and took in the game in support of our program. In NO WAY do I support Mooney and personally know not a sole Spider grad that does.

Should have been gone after the second consecutive 20 loss season.....and would have been at any University that was truly serious about being consistently successful in their signature sport.

Not satisfied with mediocrity in any aspect of the University's operations nor should the Prez, BOT, significant donors, et al. ,but here we sit for another 4 years apparently. Dispiriting.

Not shocking....1) Easy drive from ric, 2) lots of alumni in the DC area, and 3) ticket availability not an issue....your point is????

Or they could just be spider fans and it has nothing to do with the coach.

I’m still trying to figure out this narrative that fan attendance is more about supporting the coach than the team.
It’s a desperate line in a series of several theories advanced recently to prop up Mooney and his 55 pct tenure. Seems every theory posted on the forum is disputed quickly by those who post here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT