ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis in game

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
Can Golden figure out.... go strong to the hoop, finesse is not going to cut it with muscle teams

Reactions: whampas
Glad Golden to Goose is not laying an egg...

Last edited:
Gilyard and Francis are too busy throwing the ball away to get assists

We're a soft bunch. 40 points given up in the paint. That shouldn't happen.

40 some points in the paint and we have 7 total fouls for the game. That’s just lack of effort.

Reactions: spiders13
I mean just awful the way fouls played out. We let them bully their way to the basket all night without fouling and to add insult to injury, we have to waste time fouling

It's game's like this I'm glad I stopped contributing and stopped buying season tickets..... we are the better team and we were not ready or pushed to play....Coach.

Reactions: whampas
Tough matchup for us. We have to keep turnovers low and shoot well against a physical team like Stl. We were careless with the ball and wrong guys took shots at the wrong time for us. Golden wanted no part of their interior players tonight.

Reactions: SpiderK
Yeah, what has happened to Golden. He should be scoring 20 a game easily. I realize he has adjusted his game with Francis in but come on.

We can make all the rationalizations we want.... but once again a team under achieving. Players come and go but these poor efforts continue. I wonder why?

Reactions: spider23
Angel Soft Mooney...spreading his pillowy softness all over his players and the athletic department.

That was just an awful effort tonight. I do not understand why we weren’t fouling from the jump. When four of their top scorers tonight are shooting 34.6, 52.3, 61.8, and 66.1 from the line, your scout/plan has to include being pretty aggressive on interior D and having your subs do a bit of hacking.

Super frustrating to watch, especially when you’re not hitting shots at the other end.

Takes a 17-2 run to finally get a TO.

UR 43-37 @ 14:55 to down 43-45 @ 11:47 with MEDIA timeout. Quickly goes to UR down 54-45 @ 9:54. Mooney calls HIS timeout. Philly, true it was a 17-2 run but your post didn't paint the entire picture.

Better to say 8-0 run then TO followed 9-2 run with Mooney TO fine. The Mooney timeout issue you're stating I haven't seen this year like it all too frequently occurred over the years. That's a narrative that sure didn't exist tonight unless you wanted a 3rd TO mixed in there.

Tough matchup for us. We have to keep turnovers low and shoot well against a physical team like Stl. We were careless with the ball and wrong guys took shots at the wrong time for us. Golden wanted no part of their interior players tonight.
Agreed, and we always start with a disadvantage at the coaching position. French shoots about 55% from the free throw line. He should have been sent there every time he touched the ball.

UR 43-37 @ 14:55 to down 43-45 @ 11:47 with MEDIA timeout. Quickly goes to UR down 54-45 @ 9:54. Mooney calls HIS timeout. Philly, true it was a 17-2 run but your post didn't paint the entire picture.

Better to say 8-0 run then TO followed 9-2 run with Mooney TO fine. The Mooney timeout issue you're stating I haven't seen this year like it all too frequently occurred over the years. That's a narrative that sure didn't exist tonight unless you wanted a 3rd TO mixed in there.
OK, late in the second half...the team has gone completely flat...embarrassingly flat... so call every time out you've got if you have to.... the team playing poorly, flat, soft, quitting, whatever, ..... do what you have to....even a technical..... to try and light a fire under them.

Reactions: 64Spider
I left after the 17-2 run....how'd we do? Also how many turnovers did Gilyard have? I lost count.

Terrible effort and an injury of unknown seriousness to Francis at end of game. Seems like the week off was spent reading all the accolades the team was getting regarding its great defense. I didn’t see any tonight.

Congrats to Nick on getting to 1000 points (glad it was at home) and Gilyard getting the steals record.

UR can still finish in top 4 of conference, but have to realize they have to play tough defense every night.

The time to coach is now. No excuses CM if Francis can’t play.

Terrible effort and an injury of unknown seriousness to Francis at end of game. Seems like the week off was spent reading all the accolades the team was getting regarding its great defense. I didn’t see any tonight.

Congrats to Nick on getting to 1000 points (glad it was at home) and Gilyard getting the steals record.

UR can still finish in top 4 of conference, but have to realize they have to play tough defense every night.

The time to coach is now. No excuses CM if Francis can’t play.
Which shoulder was it? Probably the only thing that will holster his gun.

OK, late in the second half...the team has gone completely flat...embarrassingly flat... so call every time out you've got if you have to.... the team playing poorly, flat, soft, quitting, whatever, ..... do what you have to....even a technical..... to try and light a fire under them.

So call a 3rd and even 4th TO? :D Come on IMUR, you're better that. Mix that Mooney technical betweens the 2 TOs. :rolleyes:

Let's backtrack slightly after further review of a post. So 12-13 minutes left in the game is "late in the second half."
Very interesting!
arte-johnson-laugh-in.png

Reactions: wr70beh
So call a 3rd and even 4th TO? :D Come on IMUR, you're better that. Mix that Mooney technical betweens the 2 TOs. :rolleyes:
ok lets look at the results? you're ok with the way it ended up? The effort was poor, anything a coach can do to change that should be considered, you think a coach never got a technical foul to fire up his team.

Reactions: coach fezz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT