ADVERTISEMENT

Spiders-Miami game thread

Miami looks disinterested just a lack of focus and effort. Give the spiders credit we are a team with confidence and swagger I love to see it. Plus having an opponent come against us with little to no prep time bodes well for us. Let's finish it out!

Miami just crashing the boards relentless and the O rebounds may doom us. Cmon clock hurry up we need it to bleed faster.

I have a new idea, send Mooney home at halftime of every game and let someone else coach the team. It is unbelievable that no matter how big the lead or who the opponent, year after year, we can't close a game out without making it close.

Give Mooney the Heimlich maneuver quick, he is Choking!!!

This post was edited on 3/25 12:04 AM by SpiderK

Gosh not the way you want to go out. Just went cold for last 12 mins crazy! Open shots were there we just missed em. Tired legs maybe plus Miami with way way too many offensive rebounds and drives. 18 point lead at one point. I guess size does matter

Rebounding and poor shooting both behind the arc and at the FT line. Plus, TA decided to take some layups at the end when we were down 6. Weird decisions.

We played Mooney tight ass basketball the last 12 minutes. No excuse for it. Poor coaching.

This post was edited on 3/24 10:28 PM by SpiderK

Oh, we're back to blaming CM. We got outmanned in the last 12 minutes, and our guys didn't make the plays, Miami did. End of story. Great first half though, and something to build on, next season, when we see a lot of new talent join the team. Unfortunately, none is a powerfully built 7 footer.

Size? How about two coaching adjustments. One pound the ball inside, crash the boards, and draw fouls. Two switch up the defense. Mooney did nothing to counter either. He is a terrible in game coach. You guys can be excited about our play down the stretch and look forward to next year but it will just be a fifth straight year of blowing leads in the second half to teams that we are more talented than.

the close up shots on some of our guys, some 'scorers', looked like they wanted no part of shooting the ball late in the game. All boils down to mentality. We can be a really special team next season if we fix that.

Pound the ball inside? I thought we did, but did anyone notice the size of their interior defenders? We failed to hit free throws, and some open 3s, and couldn't stop them on the offensive board. End of story. The second half, was the most dominant performance I've seen against Richmond's defense in quite some time. They got as many second chances as they needed, to either score a basket, or draw a foul. Even Terry and Alonzo, were overwhelmed. We must find a way to compete in those kinds of contests, thinking of Kansas in the NCAA tourney.

We had plenty of chances to win this game, and simply failed. It happens. The most discouraging aspect was that Miami took over the offensive boards, and that doomed us, unless we could hit some shots and free throws, and we couldn't. Maddening, that not only could we not rebound the ball, we fouled Miami on almost every possession.

TBS our bigs play patty cake under the basket instead of using BOTH hands to grab the ball. Nothing but pitiful!!! Just Choke basketball.

This post was edited on 3/24 10:13 PM by SpiderK

We were hitting shots and our defense was baffling Miami in the first half. I have to give Larrannaga credit, he made adjustments in the second half, and their superior size and athleticism just wore us down.

I hate it that we were up by 18 and couldn't maintain the lead, but Miami is the kind of team that is a tough out in a tournament setting.

Next year....yeah, next year.

Two telling stats:

1-Kendall and Shawndre were a combined 4-20 from the floor.
2- Miami was 23-28 from the line (all in the 2nd half.

Their length really bothered our guards. And to some degree, with the emotion in the building and the exhaustion of Sunday night's game, I think we 'punched ourselves out' a bit early tonight.

And Miami converted when they needed to.

Having Kendall on the floor with the 4 Jrs. for several minutes during crunch time was terrible. Minutes waisted with NO chance to score. Everyone in the building knew that was stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT