ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer Doubleheader Friday Night

spiderdukes

Letter Winner
Sep 2, 2009
Looking forward to the Doubleheader Friday night at Robins Stadium. I believe the Women start at 5 and the men at 7:30.

I went to the first half of the men's game before I had to get the little one to bed. Large and spirited crowd. 1-1 at half-time.

The team is very skilled. I recommend checking them out when you can.

Spiders fall to the Colonials, 2-1, despite outshooting GW 20-11.

The post-game writeup has absolutely no mention of the fact that the official attendance was over 2,000. I'm sure that was just an oversight.

Great turnout, but let's be honest... There was no way there was over 2,000 people there. The West grandstand holds 3,800 people according to the ticket office and that was barely half full. Strong turnout, but whoever came up with that attendance was being generous.

Not trying to split hairs but I think 2000 may have been a fair estimate, considering the number of people walking around. I wasnt in a seat because I was chasing my daughter most of the time. Lots of others in Lessing Plaza too.

There was definitely a lot less than 2000 people in stands. Maybe 1200

Wonder what Lacrosse would have drawn, considering about 1/3 of our football fans hung around for the Gardner Webb game when it was about 20 degrees warmer.

If they are not charging, how do you get a count? Attendence isnt the issue here..if that were the case, what was the attendance at the Field Hockey game on Saturday?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT