ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka Smart to Texas?

$250 annual donation gets you the right to purchase 2 seats up in the corner.

Not sure about suites or court side.

In the lower center section it's $10,000 per year and you can purchase up to 8 tickets.

Obviously then it tiers from $250 to $10,000 throughout the arena and more for court side and the Tommy West club seats.....

This post was edited on 3/31 5:41 PM by MrVCU:

Mr. VCU, do those donations include police protection when attending games in the slums of Richmond (I.e. VCU campus)?

Ulla, Jay Wright isn't interested. Anybody that knows anything about him knows that he is a Philly guy with no intention of leaving on his own. Plus, I'm shocked that Texas would want to replace one coach who is known for winning in the regular season, but falling short in the tournament with another guy who is known for the same thing.

I would also be shocked if Texas went with Capel. I don't think their fans would be happy to have a guy that their rival previously fired.

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/college/&id=298196321

Don't worry. In a few years they'll be selling those tickets on Living Social again.

Originally posted by CAAguy:

As for Moon-Dog -- he doesn't get so much as a second look from some two-bit skank waitress at the Three Chopt Denny's.
Denny's is not on Three Chopt, it's on Broad Street.

Not 10k per seat - that donation each year allows you to purchase up to 8 and then you pay the regular price per season ticket - $280 each??

We really enjoyed our visit to Costco this year. We filled up our basket and left an enjoyably quiet building with a black cloth I could wash my car with.

CAA Guy, you are right. All UR fans are grateful that VCU is in the A-10. It really brings the overall level of the conference up. Of course, when we sweep you during the regular season, it makes it even more special.

As Kevin Bacon said in A Few Good Men, "these are the facts of the case and they are irrefutable." Fact: UR beat VCU 2 to 1 and are the Richmond City Champions.

64 I'm guessing that is your graduation year, but you are still WAY wise beyond your years. Everybody should go back and re-read his last post.

Originally posted by 64Spider:
You guys never learn. The best way to shut up a troll is to ignore it.
+1 to 64 and Fan1. For a group that hates our crosstown rivals so much, there sure is a lot of talk about them and their coach. Why bother?

Dr. Rao, Mr. Ed and RPI students (sorry about fee increase), if I don't get what I demand you all can kiss my.........
maxresdefault.jpg

I could see Anthony Grant back at VCU, two other schools have also hired retreads. Don't have to change the philosophy and he probably wouldn't leave again.

Looks like Shaka was the only one in serious talks with Texas. Jay Wright and Brad Stevens were contacted and said no.

"... Source also told Bleacher Report that Texas did not make contact with Gregg Marshall about it's vacant head coaching position."

Several sources have said that the details are being worked out now (prior to 11:00 PM Wednesday). I can't wait to see Shaka's contract with all its perks. Should be able to get a look at it, since Texas is a state school. If you were Mr. Ed down at VDU, who would you go after now? Anthony Grant? Mike Rhoades? Pat Miller from Wisconsin-Whitewater?

Miller's bio is here (URL). http://www.uwwsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1335&path=mbball

Just copy this and paste into your browser. Could be a good find for someone.

Gregg Marshall to stay at Wichita State

sounds like a reporter who was not liked by patterson, or one who was scolded by him, a personal vendetta fits nicely here. the only thing shaka has to worry about if taking this job is if he can meet the unreal expectations of the longhorn fans not the athletic director.

is it landing at the RIC or in indy? would definitely check out the longhorn aircraft and make sure it is a G5 as opposed to a piper cub. what texas can really offer him is off the court, not part of his job, alums who are super rich and can set him up for life, if he is so inclined.

Hopefully the stability we enjoy will allow Mooney to get out and find a couple great local recruits while VCU is distracted.
uzi.r191677.gif

Patterson will be in a G550.Shaka will have the use of that aircraft for recruiting and vacations and whatever....Just as Strong does as football coach.Hook em good.

This post was edited on 4/2 9:43 AM by 32counter

Enjoy the ride

Here is something I heard on ESPN950 this afternoon. "Shaka has done so much for Richmond and the state of Virginia that he is a virtual god and revered by everyone who love college basketball". I heard that the Governor is attending a Shaka rally at the Seagull center. It was also mentioned that Buz n' Eds BBQ has offered food for life. I have officially boycotted that business. And a "men's club" has offered to help Shaka out...ha. SIck.
I missed my chance to get this great man's autograph when he visited the RC ........ He left rather quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT