ADVERTISEMENT

Self Banning

This "self banning" involves a lot more emotion and back and forth between posters than I could have imagined - I originally thought it was a lot more in the category of Shakespeare (apologies to the Bard) " to self ban or not to self ban, that is the question"

Whose jersey is hanging in the RC?

The Kenny Atkinson reference is immaterial he didn't play during the CM era. Ced was a very good player, but he was no Kevin Anderson.

You said since Newman. Atkinson qualifies.

I will likely end up self-banning because of VT4700's nearly spot-on rendition of the "Argument Clinic" skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus...

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
A good point was raised, from my POV. Why is Kenny Atkinson's jersey not retired? Let's get on that! Are you listening, John Hardt?

Reactions: VT4700
This self banning thing is so silly. Two points:

1. Everybody needs to just relax a little and stop jumping on those that disagree with you. Sometimes we need to just agree to disagree and realize we probably aren't going to change each other's minds on here most of the time.

2. Don't ban yourself from Spider sports discussion simply because a few people on here rub you the wrong way or they were rude to you. We are not a very big community and it's a shame to lose valued points of view over hurt feelings.

Keef, you don't think TJ makes HOF as POTY, only two triple doubles, etc.?

Perhaps he will, time will tell. But he didn't lead us to back-to-back NCAA's and he wasn't a 2000 point scorer like KA was.

That wasn't the standard you put out. You stated HOF. Big difference between HOF and hanging from rafters.

Kid had 1900 points...think it's a bit disingenuous to act as though TJ wasn't HoF quality.. He's our #4 scorer in history.

Reactions: mcspider
That wasn't the standard you put out. You stated HOF. Big difference between HOF and hanging from rafters.

Kid had 1900 points...think it's a bit disingenuous to act as though TJ wasn't HoF quality.. He's our #4 scorer in history.

#4 scorer and was only here for 3 seasons too.

Kendall Anthony had 1909 points and is our #4 career scorer. TJ had 1647 in his 3 seasons and is 8th.

You cannot include Niagra points and say he was our #4 scorer in history. No stat anywhere says he was OUR #4 scorer in history.

Fact of matter is TJ will be in HOF. 1650 points here, 1900 total. You're disputing (and correctly) semantics rather than the point. Point is he's HOF material.

Hey, I loved the guy and what he did in 3 years for us combined with being conference POY is certainly HOF worthy. What a great player, and also what a great person who represented our program with so much class and leadership.

Reactions: SpiderDaMan
tenor.gif

I mean I admittedly was originally having a little fun piggybacking on the TJ comment, but in light of your response and in all seriousness, she’s a basketball legend/hall of Famer and a current NBA assistant coach. Her resume and status in the game are better than any coach we’ve ever hired (when we hired them).

2. Don't ban yourself from Spider sports discussion simply because a few people on here rub you the wrong way or they were rude to you. We are not a very big community and it's a shame to lose valued points of view over hurt feelings.

There is a thing called ignore. I've done that with a few posters on here. I miss total threads that these posters may start, but other than that it works pretty well.

Reactions: urfan1
I mean I admittedly was originally having a little fun piggybacking on the TJ comment, but in light of your response and in all seriousness, she’s a basketball legend/hall of Famer and a current NBA assistant coach. Her resume and status in the game are better than any coach we’ve ever hired (when we hired them).

She's now a coach in Ice Cube's Big3 league. Great career arc right there.

NBA and college are totaly different games, don;t always transfer

Sooner or later there will be a woman coaching men's basketball. Boy would that shine a spotlight on our school! The whole nation would be following Richmond basketball!

NBA and college are totaly different games, don;t always transfer

Definitely. My point was the dismissal on sight response I got was over the top. She’s lived basketball at the highest levels for 30-40 years. It feels like if she was a guy, people wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss her. Chris Mullen had no experience at the college level, neither did Penny Hardaway, neither did Patrick Ewing. And I’m not saying they’re great (or even good) coaches, but they surely got a shot because of their status in the game. She deserves that respect as well, not an “oh please” response.

I agree could have been more respectful, but probably because that topic has been discussed at least 3 or 4 time in the past

Yep. And Jacob had never played in a college game before last season. He seemed to do just fine.

Yep. And Jacob had never played in a college game before last season. He seemed to do just fine.
I wasn't worried about Jacob.

hopefully this freshman group will be great when given the chance. has to be exciting for each of them to know it's an open competition.

I think VT4700 is Coach Moon because he never answer my question about what he thinks about defense and why he thinks we never double team ball screen.

Yes I think so.
Yes, I am wondering if it is Mooney or another coach, or a PLANT by the coach. We know that this message board is very influential (which is a damn shame) with this coaching staff. This is getting weirder and weirder. And weirder. And even weirder. Also didn't answer about the inbounds play Fezz. Last year with TJ, we scored chippies off that all the time. TJ and his chalkboard left and this past season we were throwing the ball 60 feet into the backcourt.

Maybe instead of just reading the message board, Coaches should be taking some advice?

I don't believe that any of these overly positive posters are coaches because even than idiot Mooney and his staff have better things to do than defend themselves on here. Though I could be wrong. I do think some of those posters have been planted here by the athletic department or Queally.

ADVERTISEMENT