ADVERTISEMENT

Sal Koureissi - 2018 Signee

Nathan Cayo (pronounced K O)?
Yes, I'm starting to promote the idea of students having a flip sign for every great offensive play he has...

And given his Twitter handle, I'm thinking play Jim Croce for every defensive play. "...don't mess around with Slim..."

Here is vcu's 4-star who by one service 247 (which now is a composite of the old "Scout" and "247") grades Vincent Williams a low 3-star and ranks him as #414 nationally.

https://247sports.com/Player/Vincent-Williams-46045128

Compare to Tomas Verbinskis who was graded higher, ranked 3-star and came in #416 nationally in his class.

https://247sports.com/Player/Tomas-Verbinskis-94599
Except Williams had 18 offers, including Xavier, VCU, Witchita State, and 4 A-10 programs. Tomas had 3 offers, us, Florida Gulf Coast and Valpo.

So, who is the more highly sought after recruit? The kid with 18 offers, including some very high level programs, that is who.

I believe Sal would be a great fit i our program
No doubt, fan1: good shooter, ball handler and seemingly unselfish. Moreover, would be a great academic fit. After all, UR offers the best in academics and competition; not to mention great food in HDC.

Reactions: SpiderK
Given that one of the schools on Sal's list is Columbia, one of the Ivys, I would predict that Sal would be a great academic fit.

The coaches and Sal can figure out if he would also be a good fit in terms of basketball skills and fit with the team. I hope both sides are impressed with one-another, and a decision can be made within the next week. Sal certainly appears to have excellent potential....

In past years it has been common practice for at least one poster to chime in and provide a little bit of info about how the visit went, especially when the visit goes well.

Has anyone heard anything about how Sal seemed to enjoy his visit. I suppose some recruits also post their reactions to a visit on social media or twitter. Have there been any postings that can be shared here?

Can anyone confirm that Soul/Sal did visit this past weekend? If so, any info on how the visit went?

:D:p
In past years it has been common practice for at least one poster to chime in and provide a little bit of info about how the visit went, especially when the visit goes well.

Has anyone heard anything about how Sal seemed to enjoy his visit. I suppose some recruits also post their reactions to a visit on social media or twitter. Have there been any postings that can be shared here?
Hey ... Oldie, you caught me off guard. I was sure you were going to say that, "In the past someone would
post why we aren't going to get him as a recruit."

Thanks for the update above. Glad to hear it went well and hope that translates into both sides deciding to make a commitment....

Look forward to a new thread about out "confirmed commit."

Reports on how a visit went are pretty useless really. Has there ever been a report (at UR or any other school) that a visit went anything but well. Seems to me that virtually all reports of all visits are that they went well. This includes all the visits of all the kids we ultimately didn't get as well as all the visits of the kids we eventually did get. So the fact that a visit went well seems to me to mean virtually nothing. It is good to know he actually took the visit since backing out would in fact mean something!

Reactions: 97spiderfan
Yes, I tend to score more on did the visit occur or not. Hopefully Soul liked what he saw. I think it is good work that we got in with him so quickly and scored the official visit, considering his offer list. You only get five officials I believe.

I am a little worried that URI might start pressuring him. After Amir Harris backed out, it is my understanding they contacted him again, while going back through their old offer list. .

Glad he took the OV here and hope he sees the opportunity it brings.

I’m sensing we have lost out on Sal, it’s been a week since his visit. Obviously not a certainty, doesn’t look like he’s gone elsewhere but the post-visit close seems common with us.

Hope we’re still in the mix.

Yes, I don’t know Fisher. But that was 10/20. Maybe when he announced the OV and no other activity?

I doubt the guy who did the prediction is very credible as a source. However, I'm sure he based his decision on some factor that we don't know about.

Looking on 247, Souleymane has made 3 visits and we are his only official visit. One of the other two unofficial visits was to Michigan where he doesn't have an offer.

I'm not sure when Souleymane is planning on making his college decision. If he's planning on doing it by the early signing period, I like the fact we are the only school (according to 247, which again, may not be up to date) that he visited officially. The longer he waits to announce, then who knows what my happen. It could be like an Andre Wesson situation where he holds out to the last minute and gets offered by a big time program.

He's got offers from half the A-10, Minnesota, and Seton Hall. I'm sure some have backed off since their offers due to spots being taken or other factors, but it's curious there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in his recruiting right now.

I hope 247's prediction that Richmond may be his future home is correct and more than just a "guess." It would also be nice to hear that a commitment is official within the next 2-4 days. Faster commitments after a visit are preferable and tend to signify that both sides are very comfortable with the fit!

I hope 247's prediction that Richmond may be his future home is correct and more than just a "guess." It would also be nice to hear that a commitment is official within the next 2-4 days. Faster commitments after a visit are preferable and tend to signify that both sides are very comfortable with the fit!

I understand he will reclassify in time to start for us at the 4 against Delaware in 12 days. Expect him to be a second-team all-A10 performer immediately.

I criticize Mooney when I think it's warranted but will give him credit when deserved. I think Souleymane is a great get and happy to have him join the team. He checks a bunch of criteria in what we've wanted in a recruit as fans: 1) Tall (6'8") 2) has raw talent 3) 3 star recruit 4) offered by other great programs. Some might argue that they have "backed off" (which is not necessarily true) but that's irrelevant. Souleymane was talented enough for schools like URI, Minnesota, Seton Hall, GW, St. Bonaventure to offer a scholarship in the first place. Not to mention his unofficial visit to Michigan

Welcome aboard Souleymane!

Last edited:
Great find, Welcome aboard, as I stated earlier I feel really good about this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT