ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Thomas - 2021 Offer

if basketball was truly position-less we'd be back in there with Thomas.
really nice player and a good fit, but I don't see us recruiting over similar players (SF's) in the same class. if we add another freshman it'll be a big.

Really curious how things are going to turn out for Saint. He's been putting up stats every bit as good as his 5-star teammate Hunter Sallis on a nationally ranked team, but he's not getting the big offers. He's picked up new offers from Illinois State and Albany over the past few days.

Reactions: plydogg
Case in point: MaxPreps just named him Nebraska POY. Why doesn’t he have better offers?

He had a final 7 with a few solid offers in there including us, and then all of those fell apart when it seemed like he waited too long. And now he’s only getting mid-major offers. Strange.

So UCLA PLAYED with a 6’9 forward, 6’6, 6’6, 6’4 and 6’1 so height is not a prerequisite to success.

I wonder why it’s hard for us to recruit guys? I’m sure recruits don’t at all pay attention to the fact that we have missed the NCAA’s for 10 straight years with the same coach...

Reactions: Spiders4ever
While that may be true it seems like something very odd occurred with this guys recruitment. Lot of solid offers that seem to have gone by the wayside.

Saint's teammate Hunter Sallis is headed to Gonzaga. Saint's numbers are every bit as good as Hunter's, and as I noted a few days ago, MaxPreps even picked Saint as Nebraska POY.

So you’re saying we have no chance? I mean it was already obvious that we didn’t, but that should confirm it.

I don't know what Hunter's commitment has to do with any chances of us landing Saint...that ship seems to have sailed long ago. I don't understand what happened there.

I'm just pointing out again that by all accounts it looks like Saint is an excellent player who is only getting offers below our level for some reason. It seemed like we backed off him after we got some other commitments for similar guys, but he seems like a good enough player that he should still be worth a look for us, but that bridge is probably burned even if we wanted to revisit.

Reactions: plydogg and Zeeter
Who knows what will happen with Moser heading to OU, but here’s a last-minute quality offer for Saint.

• Wow
A little under 15 minutes until Saint will be announcing his commitment.

There is a 2% chance he picks us. Mostly just hoping he didn't pick VCU.

I think technically there’s a 14.29% chance he chooses us :p

Edit: I did this based off his top 7 list...but now I can’t find that top 7 anywhere so I may have been mistaken there and a different recruit had his top 7 out.

There is a 2% chance he picks us. Mostly just hoping he didn't pick VCU.
UR and VCU were on his earlier final list before he started over.
Sounds like Murray State vs Loyola Chicago.
Apparently Ja Morant is all over him about Murray State.

He's headed to Loyola. Sounds like Murray State, ODU, and Northern Illinois were his other finalists.

Once again another guy we don’t get. I wonder why he picked loyola? I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that they’ve been one of the best mid major programs in the country over the last few years. This is what we are missing out on. Just think if we had capitalized on the sweet 16 run where we could be right now, we would be getting guys like this regularly. Players want to win and we don’t win so we don’t get players. It’s really pretty simple.

Once again another guy we don’t get. I wonder why he picked loyola? I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that they’ve been one of the best mid major programs in the country over the last few years. This is what we are missing out on. Just think if we had capitalized on the sweet 16 run where we could be right now, we would be getting guys like this regularly. Players want to win and we don’t win so we don’t get players. It’s really pretty simple.
we were in his final 7 ... last year! he waited too long. the spots he was offered for were taken ... ours, VCU's, and the others. so he reopened his recruiting and started over. he had a good HS season as expected and other schools got involved. we were not one of them because Randolph and Noyes committed and took the forward sports. I know we still have spots open but we showed no inclination to continue recruiting him at that spot. articles on who was in contact at that point don't include us. or VCU. or the other schools that made up his final 7 last year.

Still shocked he didn't go higher...MaxPreps just named him second-team All-American. Millard North was the only school in the country to get two named, and his buddy Hunter Sallis headed to Gonzaga was third-team.

Here's the reveal video that was played at his announcement:

Well, we do get players. We have Isaiah and Dji, and we have four other guys coming in next year, three of which play the same position as Saint Thomas. Or are you saying that none of the guys who are coming next year are players?

Heard his name mentioned on a podcast and remembered we were recruiting him out of HS - Saint transferred from Loyola Chicago to Northern Colorado this summer and is absolutely hooping for the Bears. Averaging 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 assists on 50/34/83 shooting splits. With how successful Dalton Knecht (also from Northern Colorado) is at Tennessee, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in the portal this summer looking to go to a high major.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT