ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Abercrombie (The Big Aussie) - 2018 Offer

Highlights from junior year; like Riley a lot, good fit for our system.

Riley is possibly my favorite recruit; his stock has exploded this summer. Now appears that Vanderbilt will be in the hunt:

FWIW, Wollongong, Riley's home, is 52 miles from Sydney, the home of our other big Aussie Josh Duinker.

Is he staying through Sunday and attending the football opener?

Maybe next week won't be neccessary

Is he staying through Sunday and attending the football opener?
If he's staying, it may have to be on his own dime, as official visits can only be 48 hours long. He'd have to have arrived late yesterday and be bugging out right after the game tomorrow in order to fit it into his official.

If he's staying, it may have to be on his own dime, as official visits can only be 48 hours long. He'd have to have arrived late yesterday and be bugging out right after the game tomorrow in order to fit it into his official.
Well...

Those tweets were 48.5 hours before kickoff, right? (depending on time zone)
Does 32 do wheels up/wheels down for basketball recruits? ;)

Reactions: MolivaManiac
I'm pretty sure I saw him walking across B5 lot before football game. Can anybody confirm.

I'm pretty sure I saw him walking across B5 lot before football game. Can anybody confirm.
64, I cannot confirm your observation, but when I went by the basketball offices at halftime, there was luggage packed and ready to go. I thought it might have been Riley's.

I saw Riley and his parents at the game on saturday. I spoke with them for a second and they were to be on campus until sunday morning.

Reactions: urfan1
Ulla, do you know if he's coach's favorite target?
spiderman, no I don't know, but Riley appears to be garnering a number of visits from our coaches. Personally, looking at his games, he seems to have a lot of potential: high motor, quick feet, nice shot, good passer and better than average hops. The other recruit I personally think could help is Donatas Kupsas. Austin Rotroff reminded me too much of Paul Friendshuh as a junior in high school; he may be great, just not my favorite.

Last edited:
Seems like we’re working hardest on Riley and Rey right now.

Riley was working out with the guys prior to the football game last weekend and was looking really solid from reports.

We also had another player in that weekend. Guy is a '19 with an ACC offer already. Multiple ties to our current roster, so have to think we have a nice shot.

Reactions: spiderman
Not sure where this one ends up, but Aussies seem to pick west coast schools most of the time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT