ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Kickers

Ferrum Spider

Team Manager
Feb 17, 2010
Know that the sports boards die down around this time a year but anyone else on this board a Kickers fan or go to the games? Bought season tickets for the first time after going to a game or two last few years and have been impressed pleased with the return. For the price its hard to beat. Prior to last weekends washout the Kickers were in top 3 in league avg attendance. Shame that storm knocked the numbers way down. Also have been impressed with the league that they play in and how fast it is expanding and growing. Its nice to be in a league with teams that are in major sports cities (Cincinatti, Pittsburg, Charlotte, Tampa Bay, etc.)

Its nice to go back to city stadium which in my opinion is still a great place to watch a game. Kickers are led by former Spider great and coach Leigh Cowlishaw. So far middling around the last playoff spot.

I'm not much of a soccer guy, but my son is 3 and loves all sports, so I took him to a game last season. Had a great time. Really good atmosphere. Haven't been yet this year but definitely will go. I can get amped up for any local sports event, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with Broad St. U. Wish we'd get a hockey team again...

I'm not much of a soccer guy, but my son is 3 and loves all sports, so I took him to a game last season. Had a great time. Really good atmosphere. Haven't been yet this year but definitely will go. I can get amped up for any local sports event, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with Broad St. U. Wish we'd get a hockey team again...

Wish UR had hockey, already have the collesium and no minor league team. Does Paul Queally have any kids that play?

I know, meant varsity D1. I know We would field a basketball team full of non qualifiers before it would happen but think we'd be okay. Could be similar to lax type deal but there are more bcs schools that play hockey. No minor league hockey team in the area. Could play at the collesium and would probably draw well from the community.

The closest other schools would be 300 miles away...Princeton and Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT