ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 80 UMass 72 - Minutemen Provide Spiders Cure Again

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

at least temporarily...a spectacular first half cured the Spiders A-10 shooting woes...some spectacular assists by Jacob Gilyard and company led to 16 of 18 from two point range...the Spiders finished as well as they have in any game this season...it was great to see Nick Sherod's 12 points lead the way for the Spiders in the impressive and entertaining half...

you had to expect a less spectacular second half from the Spiders, but it was disappointing to see us almost waste away the 19 point half time lead...what was encouraging was Jacob Gilyard finding his scoring mojo...with 11 of his game high 17 for the Spiders it was a reminder of the old scoring Gilyard...when he scores the Spiders are better...

just another impressive day at work for Tyler Burton who's double-double included 13 rebounds...for the 2nd game in a row the Spiders held their own on the boards....

before I get giddy I have to remind myself that this was a depleted, COVID-19 impacted UMass who arrived on the schedule just in time to help cure the Spiders problems...we need A-10 wins over anyone we can defeat...next up Fordham...

Go Spiders!

Minutemen shot 55% 11/20 from 3 and still lost. I guess we did a few things right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT