ADVERTISEMENT

Rhode Island

This does not feel comfortable at all, not a good time to be taking poor shots.This is what Mooney has done to me over the years, when I am uneasy with a 17 point lead in the second half. How many offensive rebounds does Rhody have anyway?
I know. 11 point lead now. Offensive rebounding keeping Rams in it. Just keep matching them in points until the end.

look for URI to up the pressure even more for the last 3:42. Hopefully we can take advantage of their aggressive play and put this one away

Great road win against a tough league opponent. It's still early but this will go a long way for the team's confidence!

Agree. They should be able to draw on this and will be helpful going forward. Great game, guys!

Potentially a quad 1 win on selection Sunday if URI ends up in the top 75 NET. They are very close right now to top 75, could be there if they do well in conference play.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Good to get road win. Take it all day.

Revising my prediction for Rhody & 3rd in conference. Rhode Island was TERRIBLE! Fundamentally unsound. Don't see them contending for title after watching this game.

Their shot selection, defensive effort, and positioning was atrocious. Won't bode well for them over course of season unless this was an anomaly.

Last edited:
Good to get road win. Take it all day.

Revising my prediction for Rhody & 3rd in conference. Rhode Island was TERRIBLE! Fundamentally unsound. Don't see them contending for title after watching this game. Reminded me of UR the last 2 seasons. Bad.
Rhody is over 200 out of over 350 in shooting from 1,2, & 3...

So they need offensive rebounds and breakaways to win.

Nice win! As much as I don't think Mooney is the future of UR basketball, impressed with him having Blake (better man up defender than Jacob) guarding Fattsless. Also 45-34 Mooney timeout and gets easy set-up play Cayo dunk.

Coaching better IMO this season but can he be trusted beyond this group of talented players? Gets a bid, get a 5 year extension and than Bad Mooney again. Like I posted previously, might be as good as it gets.. Accept it :rolleyes:

I totally agree!!! We lose and we are a bad team, we win and we played a poor team regardless of their history of winning....Go Spiders!!
This is how our board works now. I try and wait till the end of games to bitch and moan. Having said that, great game coach and players!!

Reactions: gcarter52
Congrats to the guys for a nice road win today. Great to get a victory despite Jacob's foul trouble and quiet game as well as the poor start by the whole team.

Also loved seeing us build the big lead and then when they made their run we never let them get too close and kept pushing it back to a double digit lead, timely buckets and rebounds by several players. Nice bounce back the last 2 games to keep the strong season going.

Reactions: UR80sfan
Question - is Rhode Island the only state university in the nation that does not have a single in-state player on their roster?

Can you believe there is another Toppin playing for Rhode Island and he is
pretty darn good also.

Nice win! As much as I don't think Mooney is the future of UR basketball, impressed with him having Blake (better man up defender than Jacob) guarding Fattsless. Also 45-34 Mooney timeout and gets easy set-up play Cayo dunk.

Coaching better IMO this season but can he be trusted beyond this group of talented players? Gets a bid, get a 5 year extension and than Bad Mooney again. Like I posted previously, might be as good as it gets.. Accept it :rolleyes:

the ink is barely dried on this one, and you post this crap. Spider23's cousin?

My only concern was giving up a 17 point lead. Still was able to pull out a win. I am not completely sold yet. If we somehow beat St.Louis I might buy in a bit more.

My only concern was giving up a 17 point lead. Still was able to pull out a win. I am not completely sold yet. If we somehow beat St.Louis I might buy in a bit more.

I see your concern and really I was nervous about blowing that lead and even losing. Thing is nobody here expected that lead not to deteriorate at some point playing a tough RI at their place.

Yes, might have got down lower than we would all like, but looking glass half-fill Mooney's team got the W with clutch dagger-like responses when needed. I'm not sold yet either but better than the alternative.

Reactions: Spiders05
Thank goodness you aren't the coach.

I'm glad I'm not the coach either (but I would love his paycheck). You're right, it was a great game by Cayo. In my defense, my comment was made 8 minutes into the game when Cayo had missed 4 easily makeable shots and 2 free throws. He worked hard throughout the game on both ends and I'm glad to eat my words.

And I need one more "like" for 2,000, so.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT