ADVERTISEMENT

Receivers

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
Three in particular deserve extra credit:'

11 Nick DeGennaro, a true master of the trade, Reliable, great YAC, my go to guy when we need it!
5 Ja'Vion Griffin, "Mr. Circus", going back to his one handed catch last home game, he continued yesterday, ripping one from the defender and catching another miracle later.
4 Jerry Garcia, Jr. two of catches yesterday were due to his focus and persistence. One in the hands of the defender and Jerry refused to give up s the ball was bobbled he gabbed it and went for the TD; another was a pass to him that was slightly off, he bobbled it, but stayed with it for the catch.

Great points on our WRs. I thought Ja'Vion had a huge catch on a 4th down pass over the middle on the last TD drive right before halftime. The defender definitely hit him early but he maintained his position and made the catch. Good thing he did because no flag was thrown. That touchdown drive was key to get us within one score before the break. He also made a great catch on a 50/50 ball in the second half. One of our position worries going into the season has turned into a strength at this point. Looks like Albany plays lots of man coverage so this group will be key for us Saturday.

October is a rising star.

Much like Mike Elko was - and Mr Elko is going to get PAID

Reactions: urfan1
Winston October, WR and OC coach, is due much credit. Hell of a motivator and coach.

New to play calling, but is learning fast. perceptive, and innovative. Love this guy.

Probably a dumb thought, but why isn't Winston October coaching the defensive backs too? I mean, isn't that what he did here? No offense to our hard working db's, but some help wouldn't hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT