ADVERTISEMENT

Our pregame video/introductions

Eight Legger

Spider's Club
May 27, 2003
I just want to say that our pregame video highlights, music and introductions are really excellent this year. Kudos to whoever puts this together. I was expecting to see something at VCU yesterday that would be earth-shattering, and while theirs was not bad, I felt ours is really significantly better. And it's even relevant to our mascot, with "Black Widow" as one of the songs we use.

We haven't really had a packed house yet to build off the energy that I think the intros can provide, but I am looking forward to the next few weekend home games because I think the place will be rocking.

My daughter agrees with you. She said our introduction is much better than VCU's and she noticed most of the visiting teams to RC are watching it in awe. Be nice to have the fans to go with it. The Costco does have the energy for sure.

They just have way too much stuff going on at intros, it's like a kid with ADD planned it out.

Our video boards are also 1 million times better than what they have.

I said this on the a10 board, but they have much more sponsored time out stuff than they have had in the past, in the 2nd half when we were making our run, their band hardly played and it just deflated the building. I appreciate them for doing that for us.

While The Stu is a great improvement over the falling down brown turd (Richmond Coliseum), I prefer The Robins Center.

There is no comparison in the two facilities. Costco vs Nordstrom's maybe. :)

Our Athletic Dept promised they'd be updating the intro player video throughout the season, so really hope they pull some highlights of this game and add it before the rematch in late Feb.

They have updated it three or four times so far, and I'm sure they will have plenty of VCU highlights from now on.

They did last year for the home game v RPI. Mostly KA 2011 highlights, but we definitely have some new gems for this year

I also noticed the UVA intro for the Duke game.

They play a video similar to us but that's it. Our smoke and inflatable guys are much better.

Really like the spider video and music. Would be great if they could show the spider wrapping up our opponents mascot in its web at the end.

Originally posted by ur2K:
They just have way too much stuff going on at intros, it's like a kid with ADD planned it out.
Isn't everything at the Siegel Center feel like it is done by someone 3-4 days into a meth bender? That place makes a WWE event seem like a quiet learning environment.

Our intro is really good. Hopefully, with a big win, the crowd starts getting a little bit more into it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT