ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 64 Rhode Island 57 - Spiders Overcome Shooting Woes

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

to my eye these Rams looked like one of the weaker A-10 teams we've seen this year...coming off the clunker at Bonaventure I was hoping for a much better performance from the Spiders particularly the offense...it still struggled with extremely poor outside shooting and continuing ball handling troubles...these challenges made it impossible to sustain any offensive momentum and put away the struggling Rams...we allowed them to hang around the entire game...

this win was different...lacking outside shooting, it was interesting to see the Spiders win a game in the paint...Quinn probably had his best game of the season...he along with Burton, Grace, Gustavson and even Roche pounded the ball inside to a 40-26 UR "points in the paint" advantage....the rebounding was un Richmond like against the smaller Rams with the big rebounding reputation coming into the game...notable was a 36-29 UR win on the boards with five players with five, or more, rebounds...we won "2nd chance points" on the power of our offensive rebounding!...that's different!

I'm thankful for the win, but not sure how it translates against the next bunch of Rams who visit Friday night...I expect they'll be significantly better than these struggling Rams...

these amateur video clips from last night's win highlight our win in the paint...you may notice there is not a single three point basket...I have no idea where our three point shooting has gone, but it needs to return right away...last night seems like an anomaly...please return by Friday

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT