ADVERTISEMENT

Off-Season News

Great stuff - wish this got more pub. Love seeing the guys involved at schools. They make a huge difference.

Reactions: urfan1
We had any good off season news yet? Any transfers from Alabama or Clemson yet?

I’m not sure I understand- what are you sad about? It seems to me that we are picking up a
couple of veteran players.

That Brisset is leaving UR to lay at Illinois next year. I realize we’re getting 2 guys from Duke but I don’t know that I would say that we’re coming out ahead.

RICHMOND, Va. (March 26, 2019) – University of Richmond senior Griffin Trau was selected as the 2018 CAA Football Scholar-Athlete of the Year by a vote of the conference’s athletics directors.

Trau was chosen to the Google Cloud CoSIDA Academic All-District first team for the second time in 2018 and was honored on the FCS Athletics Directors Association Academic All-Star team. He compiled a 3.92 GPA and graduated with a degree in Leadership Studies & International Studies, and also completed a Master’s Degree in Liberal Arts last December. Trau has twice been honored (2017 and 2018) as the Jepson School of Leadership Studies Student-Athlete of the Year.

Trau was recently selected for the prestigious Fulbright U.S. Student Program for the 2019-20 academic year and has been awarded his position in the Czech Republic with an English teaching assistantship. The Fulbright Program is devoted to increasing mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. Fulbright is the world's largest and most diverse international educational exchange program.

On the field, Trau concluded his career as one of the most successful kickers in UR and CAA Football history. His 46 career field goals rank second all-time at Richmond and ninth on the CAA’s all-time list. He’s also the Spiders’ second-leading scorer with 248 points. Trau made 81% (47-of-58) of his field goals, which is one of the highest percentages in FCS history. This season, he connected on 12-of-17 field goals and 20-of-21 extra points.

Trau received first-team All-CAA honors in 2016 and 2017. He was a consensus FCS All-America selection in 2016 after converting 23-of-26 field goals, tying a CAA record and setting a new UR mark. He hit a game-winning field goal as time expired to lift the Spiders past North Dakota in the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT