ADVERTISEMENT

Most successful UR musician?

Steve Buckingham has won four or five grammys as a producer of music and still plays on some of the albums he produces.

Originally posted by Spiders05:
Who is the most famous/most successful musician from UR? A fellow '05er just topped out at #3 on the billboard top 100.
Rihanna went to UR?

Who is it?

For those of us who don't own any music recorded after 1990 or so, who is this person you refer to?

Re: Who is it?

The lead singer of the band The Lumineers is who 05 is referring to. Interesting band.

I had no idea he was a Spider until this morning. This is so cool. They are rivaling the Avetts for the band of the last couple of years...

funny, my grandson Lincoln, sings HEY-HO all the way to school every morning, never knew there was a SPID involved. my daughter loves them and has their stuff on her pod.

Yeah, just looked at videos of seven of their songs. Not the same thing, but somehow reminded me of Bradley Newell and Sublime. Even an old guy like me can enjoy their sound.

the band was featured on SATURDAY NIGH LIVE last night. they are busting loose big time!

This post was edited on 1/20 4:33 PM by WebSpinner

I think very few would think of John Keltonic RC Class of 75. John was a pych major who always was musically gifted and didn't take a music course until senior year courtesy of Dr Alan Stein. John creates music for film, television, and corporate clients and is an emmy award winner. He lives in Richmond. Check out his website www.jdkmusic.com for information and samples.

http://jdkmusic.com

A different kind of success in the music industry but Matt Worth, a 2000 grad, is considered a rising star in the opera world.

He is back in Richmond performing at the Modlin Center this Monday, Feb 11th.

This post was edited on 2/7 7:37 PM by SpiderVol

Matt Worth

The Lumineers are headlining at the Floydfest this July on the Blue Ridge Parkway, near Floyd, VA. What a cool place, I saw Bruce Hornsby there last year. Speaking of Bruce, his son is having a strong year at UNC Ashville and had a big game at VMI Friday. Bruce was at the UR ODU game and the Govenor's Classic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT