ADVERTISEMENT

More than one reason we will be dancing

Jordan also has a lot to prove and all that he has gone through. It is a testament to his will power and stick to itness!!

interesting quotes from CM. while positive as always, he didn't exactly guarantee a role for JMA. I've assumed he's #8, but the door is still open for other big men to grab that spot.

Seal training; awesome video. Khwan gets the t-shirt; he will be a leader.

This reminded me of when I was a senior in HS we had a new coach who was a former marine drill instructor. He did not know baseball as well
as some coaches I have had, but he knew we would play better if we were in better shape. So instead of starting in February, he started us as soon as
we got back in January and for one month we trained with the wrestling team. I have a lot of respect for wrestlers. I had my best season and I hope these Spiders are going to be positively affected also.

Please don't leave us now! Buck makes an NBA draft watch list; check #25 who is right there with the best.

If Buck has a sophomore season worthy of NBA attention then we are about to have an exciting season.

It was interesting to me that he has URIs Stanford Robinson on that list. He isn’t on any of the preseason all conference teams and didn’t necessarily light it up last year.

A10 Talk had a very interesting article about what how teams in will replace All Conference players, This is how they think Richmond will respond:
T.J. Cline
There really is no easy way to replace the reigning A-10 player of the year because there are so few players in America that pose the matchup problems that T.J. Cline does. The obvious answer to this question is Grant Golden, the redshirt freshman who had his freshman campaign cut short during a scary on-court incident in December. While the promising freshman should play a major factor, he cannot be asked to step up and be the playmaker that Cline was. Instead, Richmond will likely shape their offense around their athletic backcourt, an area in which they thrived after deciding to go small last season.

59247fbb4bbfc.image.jpg

In recent years, Richmond’s personnel has dictated its style of play, and that likely will not change this season. While previously running their offense through forwards such as Cline and Terry Allen, the Spiders will give De’Monte Buckingham the reigns this year. Last year Richmond was successful running four guards around Cline, and it is hard to imagine Chris Mooney moving away from this approach with his current roster. He will not have the big man playmaker in the middle, but will have more flexibility, however, as the additions of Solly Stansbury and AJ Ford allow for more lineup versatility.

Richmond should be flying around the court and a nightmare to guard this season, but the reality is—at least in this writer’s mind—that with five freshmen and the loss of Cline, the Spiders are facing a transition year. However, their ceiling is controlled by how big a step forward Buckingham and Nick Sherod take this season. Based on how the those two looked last season, nobody should count Richmond out. Also keep an eye on freshman Jacob Gilyard, an explosive freshman point guard, who could help vault Richmond past some tough opponents.

It sounds like it was written by someone who actually did some research and just didn't look at last year's roster and compare it to this year's roster, like most of our write-ups have been.

Reactions: gcarter52
It seems pretty reasonable. Not sure if he thinks Phoenix is actually going to get time or just acknowledging we have another 4/5 in the fold. Overall seems on target.

Reactions: gcarter52
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT