ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney extension and/or raise

Feel free to start an intriguing positive hypothetical (vein).

Ftr, I don’t see this as a negative topic, it’s just what folks think the merits of an extension are that then pivoted to what Mooney’s replacement might cost. Not a negative topic unless you choose to interpret it as such.
Correct. These threads are no more than food for thought. People want to speak, and this is an outlet - positive, negative, or neutral.

I would hope Quinn would be a guy we can get the ball to late in the clock, especially if we get some good outside shooting and he is not doubled all the time. Also, I think we will be going to Tyler a lot late in the clock. Like we did with Blake when the shot clock was winding down, just give the ball to Tyler and let him do his thing. Not only does Tyler have the ability to score a lot at different places on the floor, he also draws a lot of fouls, so you want the ball in his hands a lot, which could lead to foul trouble for the other team. We have a potential conference player of the year, NBA guy here. He needs the ball a lot.

I think with Goose, Tyler, and Grace, we have some solid minutes returning. And, the transfers might be new to our program, but they have experience and have played a lot of college minutes as well. I actually see us scoring more this year than last year. I said it earlier, PG is the key. I think we have a good idea of what we have everywhere else on the floor. We don't have college minutes returning at point guard. I think we will be in good shape there, but it is still unknown at this point.

I hope you're right on all counts. just pointing out some concerns.

Reactions: VT4700
It seems reasonably apparent that UR has a mostly allergic reaction to terminations. What’s weird is why we feel any obligation to extend a contract for a guy nobody else seems to want.

Not sure which is less impressive, our ADs lack of talent evaluation or the basic failure of negotiating against himself.

He had two more years left, through 2023–24 season. Now goes through 2026–27.

In my opinion, Hardt had no feel or appreciation for Mooney’s overall body of work or how the landscape of the changing college basketball world (NIL, Transfer Portal) is making his difficult system obsolete. I would have extended to 25-26 at most.

Reactions: Eight Legger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT