ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney A10 Coach of the Year?

He is one of four on the list who didn't make it, along with Abdur-Rahim at South Florida, Kerns at App State, and Schertz at Indiana State.

He is one of four on the list who didn't make it, along with Abdur-Rahim at South Florida, Kerns at App State, and Schertz at Indiana State.
Fair. It was tongue in cheek.

Also Indiana State was robbed of a bid, so we could watch UVA but up 14 points in the first half last night. I watched a fair amount of UVA hoops this year, god help me, they were not an NCAA team, period end of story. They had one good player, Beekman. This is why they were getting blown out every time they played someone decent.

Yes, I would think NCAA's at minimum be a pre-requisite. The Indiana State guy - they had a super high NET - so kind of got screwed - BUT as I recall as soon as they got ranked, they got steamrolled by KP 187 ranked Illinois State. But if you go by interest in him as well, unlike our coach, he is highly coveted and mentioned for other jobs.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
I don't know if he goes anywhere. If no one transfers, big IF these days - they have their starting all returning. They still have to go through Drake, but I could see their best player transferring (Tucker Devries) for bigger conference and team as he has scored 21 a night at Drake and may want to see if he can do that on a bigger stage. Either way - stick around 1 more year and make tourney next year, might get a better pick than SLU. BUT - also with transfer portal now - he could take SLU job and take the whole starting 5 with him to SLU. So thats an option as well.

I think he would stand to increase his salary by 5x-6x if he made that move. That is reason enough ha
Agree with that - I have always said, money sometimes makes these decisions for the coach. Right now it looks he only makes about 350-400K at Indiana State. SLU probably could just pay him 1-1.2 million. That is a good raise. Just not sure what they have to payout Travis Ford, if he had time left on his deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT