ADVERTISEMENT

March 14, 2010 - "The Future Looks Bright"

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

lets kick off A-10 Tournament week...I had to go deep into the Spider Gang archives to return to a time when the future was bright...this amateur video captures some of the excitement and passion that comes with a basketball team playing a game for the Championship and a trip to the NCAA Tournament....

it didn't work out on this long day, but the trip was worth every mile on the interstate...we heard on the way home that the Spiders had earned an At-Large bid to the NCAA Tournament...the future really was bright...

12 years later, its time for a change so that Spiders players, alumni, fans and the University can once again enjoy this type of excitement, passion and unity...

Go Spiders!

Yes, I am resigned to getting excited for my kids colleges this time of year. Not quite the same but have the need to replace the excitement this time of year obviously. 2/3 are in I think, and other has a shot in conference tournament. It's crazy with these returnees that my Spiders are the longest shot of the 4 this season. Thanks again Mooney.

Yes, I am resigned to getting excited for my kids colleges this time of year. Not quite the same but have the need to replace the excitement this time of year obviously. 2/3 are in I think, and other has a shot in conference tournament. It's crazy with these returnees that my Spiders are the longest shot of the 4 this season. Thanks again Mooney.

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind. Not there yet don't know what will happen but got the spring break college tour coming next month. It would never be close to equal but think it potentially fills some void. Since Spids cant' get it done would be nice to have some rooting for interests in games. Right now its all rooting against interests.

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind. Not there yet don't know what will happen but got the spring break college tour coming next month. It would never be close to equal but think it potentially fills some void. Since Spids cant' get it done would be nice to have some rooting for interests in games. Right now its all rooting against interests.
Yes, have enjoyed it. I know the board hates my insufferable touting of SDSU, but that was a breath of fresh air in that their coach values rebounding, toughness and defense. It aint pretty a lot of games, but it is fun to win and be the VCU or DUKE type of favorite crushing your biggest rivals dreams. We are on the opposite spectrum, soft, under acheiving year over year. Yeah!!

Reactions: Spiders4ever
One other thought. I hope CM sends Kevin Anderson checks for getting him the contract that made him rich.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Tremendous home vid mojo!!! I love seeing these type vids from YouTube these days whatever the sport you get the view of the fan in the stands.
I had a flip phone back in those days...don't think it did video...was using a Flip cam made by Intel, or Cisco, I believe...very limited zoom capability...as soon as Apple began putting cameras in phones they stopped manufacturing the Flip cam...

Go Spiders!

I had a flip phone back in those days...don't think it did video...was using a Flip cam made by Intel, or Cisco, I believe...very limited zoom capability...as soon as Apple began putting cameras in phones they stopped manufacturing the Flip cam...

Go Spiders!

Thanks Mojo, remember the game, I hit those tourneys back to back in our two (& only) NCAA seasons under Moon. I also liked that small outdoor area in arena overlooking the boardwalk. I mean it was AC, it wasn't a great view but good memories of Boardwalk Hall. Heck there were even super cheap flights direct into AC on Airtran from the ATL.

Thanks for the video Satch. Those were some good old days. Watching it now makes me more mad than anything.... that our Adminstration has allowed our program to devolve into its current state.

JOC's predictable 2 sentence tweet/Hardt quote a week from today about Mooney's return next season... has me ready to burst of of my skin, just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video Satch. Those were some good old days. Watching it now makes me more mad than anything that our Adminstration has allowed our program to devolve into its current state.

JOC's predictable 2 sentence tweet/Hardt quote a week from today about Mooney's return next season... has me ready to burst of of my skin, just thinking about it.
Get ready, it's coming. Mooney cashing checks, culture of comfort.

Reactions: coach fezz
Loved the Boardwalk Hall and Atlantic City venue. Plenty to do between games other than sitting in a bar or hotel room. The last time there in 2011 I remember sitting down with Ed Ayers and having a couple of beers. He didn't know me from Adam, but we had a great conversation about Spider basketball and old Ed was pretty excited. And many fans stuck around even after their teams were eliminated. Bring it back to Atlantic City!

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT