ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi impact

Maybe we have a connection. Do you plan to go to A10 or NCAA if we make it? U like a debate and I respect that. I'll buy you a beer and we can talk our respective UR grad histories.
I will buy the tickets and drive us to Brooklyn. It would have to be Saturday, though - can't make Friday, unfortunately. You can keep me on ignore the entire trip if you like.

I will buy the tickets and drive us to Brooklyn. It would have to be Saturday, though - can't make Friday, unfortunately. You can keep me on ignore the entire trip if you like.

Ha that would be fun. But I thought my offer was to VT4700.

My offer was to VT4700. I'll bring him and we can meet you out for some Brooklyn pizza.

I thought you lived up in that area.

Sounds good. Let's do BBQ instead, Pig Beach in Brooklyn. Another UR grad owns it. That would make FOUR ur grads all together. Anyway little confusing b/c u responded to my post but I believe you've said VT4700 has u on ignore so that may be why showing up that way too. Plus this thread has taken off last 12 hours or so and hard to keep up.

Sounds good. Let's do BBQ instead, Pig Beach in Brooklyn. Another UR grad owns it. That would make FOUR ur grads all together. Anyway little confusing b/c u responded to my post but I believe you've said VT4700 has u on ignore so that may be why showing up that way too. Plus this thread has taken off last 12 hours or so and hard to keep up.
My bad. I was trying to sweeten your offer.
Are you local (Richmond)? My boys are going Friday but I can't.

My bad. I was trying to sweeten your offer.
Are you local (Richmond)? My boys are going Friday but I can't.

Not local. You'll have to drive up with VT solo :)

Maybe the NCAAs will be best for this...but I don't like getting ahead of myself there. Let's see what VT shares anyway, like if he's a millennial which I doubt I would be less enthused about it.

Millennial? G, as I have said before, I remember Johnny Newman before he was jumping Johnny Newman.

Not local. You'll have to drive up with VT solo :)

Maybe the NCAAs will be best for this...but I don't like getting ahead of myself there. Let's see what VT shares anyway, like if he's a millennial which I doubt I would be less enthused about it.
Crickets on the offer. Free ticket and transportation to the A10 semifinal. <shrug> Not sure what to make of that. He probably already has a ride and floor seat.

I will find a way to get in touch with you and meet up at the BBQ joint.

If you take that list of Palm's bubble teams and re-sort by the actual Non-Conf SOS the NCAA uses, we drop to 5th. Not terrible, but there it is. ETSU and Indiana are above us.
ETSU 63, Indiana 71, Richmond 85, NC St 90.

Archie Miller is a whiner, but Indiana did have the toughest schedule of the Power 6 bubble teams, by a decent amount. Still, 11th in your conference....

We really want ETSU to win tonight.

Reactions: plydogg
Again, I don't like the decision to get Lunardi on here. But as you've noted yourself, bringing in Poo-nardi was at least in part a PR stunt to deflect attention from last year's stinkfest. Way more the reason than because we were trying to perfectly schedule to make an at-large run.

So now they do care about PR? If they cared about PR on front end they should have cared about potential negative PR on back end. Also still no reason to hire Lunardi and take the risk of the negative PR, they could have hired anyone to distract. and if that was part of the reason well then they lied about it. You can get away with deception when doing well, when 8 straight seasons of no NCAA it goes over very poorly. Anyway I don't dismiss that as factor here, the whole thing stinks from literally every single direction.

Big week ahead. I'm going to keep my eye on Lunardi of course but we have the finish line ahead of us.

Millennial? G, as I have said before, I remember Johnny Newman before he was jumping Johnny Newman.

Cool. J New. Not familiar with that nickname myself, maybe Danville days.

I was probably hard on millenials. Sorry millenials. There's probably a big difference between an early born millenial and a late one too.

I still haven't heard one falsehood about u you claimed I said but that's ok I suppose. So when did you graduate from UR? Maybe we can grab that beer eventually.

Urfan1, I gave you one. Impossible to answer beyond it. So you go by end result. Take a shot at your own question.

I don't have any, nor reason to believe we lost games against teams that would have elevated our schedule and replaced them with lesser quality teams.

Well now we're just begging. I mean he does still have us out and he's screwed us at every turn. But solid gif.

Reactions: nathanw19
Don't want to "defend" Joe, but he basically stated if it was up to him, Richmond would be in. He thinks the committee is going to shaft us in favor of NC State. I don't think NC State is in with a win over Pittsburgh (that's a pretty low bar) - if they get trucked by Duke tomorrow (again) that could do the trick.

I don't think NC State is in with a win over Pittsburgh (that's a pretty low bar) - if they get trucked by Duke tomorrow (again) that could do the trick.
One would hope that if the Pack loses to Duke again that the “big win” against Duke (at home) would lose its luster. Of course, Duke has been wildly inconsistent so we can’t count on anything.

Don't want to "defend" Joe, but he basically stated if it was up to him, Richmond would be in. He thinks the committee is going to shaft us in favor of NC State. I don't think NC State is in with a win over Pittsburgh (that's a pretty low bar) - if they get trucked by Duke tomorrow (again) that could do the trick.

I would be ok with NC state getting locked in if they beat Pitt ONLY if it also means we are locked in with a win over Davidson :)

I would be ok with NC state getting locked in if they beat Pitt ONLY if it also means we are locked in with a win over Davidson :)
No they are locked into our spot with a loss to Pitt...Is that ok?

No they are locked into our spot with a loss to Pitt...Is that ok?

Did you read the entire sentence through to the last part because that would answer that. I would be ok with one ONLY IF the other also happens. That’s a conditional statement in where BOTH conditions are met and not only one. So no I would not be ok with that which is what my first post said. I would only be ok if both happened which is what I said in my post!

Did you read the entire sentence through to the last part because that would answer that. I would be ok with one ONLY IF the other also happens. That’s a conditional statement in where BOTH conditions are met and not only one. So no I would not be ok with that which is what my first post said. I would only be ok if both happened which is what I said in my post!
You will also notice I made it worse. A Lock with a LOSS to Pitt...Damn., Lunardi!

Here's Joe's seed list...has us playing Shaka in a First Four game as 12-seeds.

Sounds good. Let's do BBQ instead, Pig Beach in Brooklyn. Another UR grad owns it.
Let's plan this for next year. I was actually pumped to hang out eat some BBQ and drink some brews. I was just assuming I did not know who the UR proprietor was, and lo and behold that guy lived across from me in Freeman Hall junior year. Would love to see him too, funny stories to be told! Tell him "Big Man" across the hall in Freeman Hall says hello if you know him, LOL.
Small World.

Reactions: GKiller
After an incredibly successful season and returning everyone we are being featured in most preseason top 25. But even through this Joe lunardi decided to put us as a 9 seed in the way to early bracketology.

Reactions: GKiller
Saw that too...he only had us at 9 and SLU as a 12 (in a play-in game, I believe), from the A10, unless I missed someone.

Let's plan this for next year. I was actually pumped to hang out eat some BBQ and drink some brews. I was just assuming I did not know who the UR proprietor was, and lo and behold that guy lived across from me in Freeman Hall junior year. Would love to see him too, funny stories to be told! Tell him "Big Man" across the hall in Freeman Hall says hello if you know him, LOL.
Small World.

I'll do my best to make it. If so i got 1st round. U me & Chop. He wanted in too. Would be good to meet u guys. And 2nd round on me too but only if VT4700 joins us! The latter not going to happen but let's put it out there.

Still depressing we missed out on it this year, and then w everything going on in the world, I had to self quarantine myself from Spiderfans for a bit. Spiders detox is hard.

Last edited:
Saw that too...he only had us at 9 and SLU as a 12 (in a play-in game, I believe), from the A10, unless I missed someone.

and Richmond bball amazingly is still trying to spoon this guy. 9 is underselling us. Just a continuation of before. We r top 25 worthy, 9 is bubble, we saw how big bubble was last year. Then they were promoting his arcade game all over twitter. Ok I get it content is hard to deliver right now, so we're making some efforts but have some dignity too. I didn't think we'd make mistake of rehiring him - the Kentucky game I believe was part of pushing Lunardi to the curb - but with folks in our AD who knows. I mean look at this we did an interview and the dude talked more about Dayton. I'm serious, there was more in there about Dayton this year and even next year in a Richmond athletics interview! Come on we can't ask all the elephant in the room questions? Richmond bball be crowning this mother while I'm all Lunardi u r what we thought u were, Denny Green style.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT