ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse recruiting

Nice 2022 pickup for the Spiders...4-star rating from Inside Lax. Committed early to Utah a year ago, but just switched over to us.

Reactions: urfan1
Last edited:
I love we got a kid from Boys Latin. The Baltimore private school league of Gilman, St. Paul’s,
Severn, McDonogh, etc. play lacrosse at a very high level, and Boys Latin is usually at the top
of the pile.

Lanchbury picked #2 in the NLL draft. Will play there in 2022-23 after finishing his UR career.

Stamper's Musings: The Lost Draft Commentary — Rivals, Friends, Tehoka to Buffalo and More​

Very odd timing.
Assuming they are on campus now, would they even be eligible in the Spring wherever they land?
Unless something bad went down behind the scenes, I think this is a BS move, should be able to yank whatever financial aide they are getting retroactive to beginning of this semester and give to other players more committed to the program.

Losing 4 very good players to transfer is more than a bit shocking.It’s sadly the new norm of intercollegiate Athletics especially given that there’s only 70 D1 MLAX teams.

I’ve never heard of any complaints regarding the coaching staff.
The players are playing at a high level if they’re concerned about being noticed by the struggling professional lacrosse leagues.
Possibly, they were having difficulty with the academics?
I guess we have to wait until the reasons start dribbling out.

Yeah, given the timing and the relationship between those guys, I wonder if there may be an off-field issue here.

To be clear, pure speculation on my part.

Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 11/11/21

La Salle held its signing ceremony Wednesday to honor its seniors headed to college on the start of the National Letter of Intent period.

The players are PJ Oppenheimer (Marist); Harry Sweitzer (Ursinus); Will Pickering (Bucknell); Franky Fix (Delaware); Nick Gambone (Goucher); bottom (left to right); Andrew Kelly (Lehigh); Henry Troy (Hofstra); Charlie Huntley (Vermont); Jack Pilling (Richmond); Owen Dougherty (Franklin & Marshall).

La Salle: (from top left): PJ Oppenheimer (Marist); Harry Sweitzer (Ursinus); Will Pickering (Bucknell); Franky Fix (Delaware); Nick Gambone (Goucher);
Bottom (left to right) Assistant Head Coach Tony Resch; Andrew Kelly (Lehigh); Henry Troy (Hofstra); Charlie Huntley (Vermont); Jack Pilling (Richmond); Owen Dougherty (Franklin & Marshall); Head Coach Rob Forster – Not pictured Bryan Seaman (Arcadia)

Last edited:
Connell and Sally have finally been removed from UR’s roster, and Connell has popped up on Denver’s roster. No sign of Sally there, so not sure where he’s headed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT