Height:
6'1"

Weight:

Prim. Position:
Midfield

Sec. Position:
Midfield

PERSONAL STATEMENT

My name is Xander Welty. I was lucky enough to live in New Canaan, CT when I turned five-years-old and have had a lacrosse stick in my hand ever since. I feel so lucky to have early influences from very high-caliber coaches that have instilled a passion and love for the game in me. This passion has grown bigger and stronger every year that I have played. Lacrosse has given me the opportunity to be a part of a team and I learned early on that the comradery between teammates is powerful and working together for a common goal makes the team and individual stronger.

Unfortunately, my family relocated to Phoenix, AZ when I was in third grade; not exactly the lacrosse environment I was used to. It has been personally challenging to feed through the multiple new programs that have come and gone throughout Arizona. I am blessed to have a supportive family that understands my ultimate goal of playing competitive college lacrosse and have been lucky enough to play on different California and west coast teams. A positive that I can take away from this experience, is the opportunity to step up and become a leader for my teammates. I have learned a lot from the many programs I have been with, and am able to bring these different skill sets to each and every different team I play with.

Ideally, I would love to play lacrosse at the highest level possible for a great academic institution. I am not only interested in being a leader on the field, but off of it as well, my schoolwork is very important to me, and just like my athletic ability, I want to make sure I maximize my innate potential. I think you will find that I am a hard worker and very determined to be the best.

Last edited:
Boy's Latin lacrosse is phenomenal. Have a friend now in his 70's who played lacrosse there as did his two sons who played there and then played at Navy. My friend was still playing lacrosse along with some of his Boy's Latin teammates well into his 60's.

Boy's Latin lacrosse is phenomenal. Have a friend now in his 70's who played lacrosse there as did his two sons who played there and then played at Navy. My friend was still playing lacrosse along with some of his Boy's Latin teammates well into his 60's.
That whole league is very strong, with Gilman, Severn, St. Paul, McDonough, etc. All of the schools develop college ready players, with a lot of them going to D-1 programs.

Reactions: spider fan
Boys,

Here ya Top 25

Lots around around our former neighbood of Bethesda and the home state of Fairfield County,CT
Absolutely- I totally agree . I only mentioned them because Spider Fan commented on Boys Latin.

Absolutely- I totally agree . I only mentioned them because Spider Fan commented on Boys Latin.
Yes I was responding to our signing of Ryan Spilman and also because my friend was playing lacrosse into his 60's because of Boy's Latin. That fact alone has me motivated! Glad lacrosse has made great strides into Virginia secondary schools and of course that Spiders have men's lacrosse. Knew very little about the sport until my son played in high school and then my daughters played.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
Yes I was responding to our signing of Ryan Spilman and also because my friend was playing lacrosse into his 60's because of Boy's Latin. That fact alone has me motivated! Glad lacrosse has made great strides into Virginia secondary schools and of course that Spiders have men's lacrosse. Knew very little about the sport until my son played in high school and then my daughters played.

ROSTER:

TRANSFERS:

https://cuse.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/jt-stirpe/19806

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT