ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Jones

I believe he had a large bacon soda and then tried to kiss a girl...I can see why she'd object.

I heard he would have been okay except he burped in her face -- to much coke

Hoping All this BS is a blip on JJ radar. He's endured enough just by having this thread. Seen him working out at the WCRW busting his ass everytime I have been there since the suspension so I imagine he's itching to return. Not sure what he did and to quote bernie sansers "I don't care". Assuming he didn't do something atrocious(a violent felony) and along the lines of being a college student, couldnt care less what he did, just hope he does his time and is ready to contribute when given the chance of return. Can't speak for everyone on this board but We've all done stuff in college that could probably at the very least prompt an eye brow raise from the admin or law enforcement. Let it run its course and support JJ when he returns. We are a strong SG from a special season IMO. Go spiders!!!

College administration and discipline is changing -- give JJ some slack, he is under enough pressure. Let's support him unless it comes out that he has done something outrageous.

We've all done stuff in college? That's lame. We all weren't offered scholarships. Love to see him play if he's eligible.

Why is that lame? Because a guy is on scholarship in college he can't make a mistake? That rhetoric comes off as sounding incredibly jealous. I'll be the first to say I don't throw stones because I have once lived in a glass house and have no problem admitting to it. I have no right to judge his actions and no one on here does. Just my opinion, feel free to have your own. I merely observe them and hope he/they learn and recovers from them.

Not defending JJ actions because I don't know what he did. But considering he was never arrested (far as we know) it probably isn't that big as some on here or making it or demanding what to know. I dont care so long as it didn't infringe on the rights of others. Scholarship or non scholarship these are kids who are prone to making decisions in hindsight were good ones.

Moliva figured out a long time ago that Marley (spelled backward is yel raM) is a troll from vdu. Disregard him and hope he crawls back in his hole. OSC

While in Richmond this weekend, heard something untoward regarding the situation. Hope Josh will be back soon. OSC

I do not believe he will be back. Hope I am wrong and that hope is not for basketball reasons but because I hope what I recently heard turns out to be BS!

I heard what is a total rumor and from a source I have no experience with and thus it would be unfair to anyone involved to provide details. I will say this so as not have imaginations running rampant which would also be unfair - - in what I heard, JJ made a mistake (maybe a big mistake), but its not the kind of mistake that goes to some deep character flaw etc. in my opinion. I don't like hearing about the mistake (because you hope for better from players), how its been handled by various folks (because I hope for better from these folks too) or the likely outcome (because I hope for better from my University, its students, its administration etc.).

I honestly don't care so much about basketball but about the bigger picture. Having said that, I am sure if we were talking about our returning first team All-American I'd care a lot about basketball side of things!

I'd like for Josh to return to team, as he seems a good kid, and we'd have a more experienced backcourt. If he doesn't, that means 2 and maybe all 3 of our freshman will get significant minutes. Hopefully, there will be few freshman errors. In that case, I'd see, SDJ and Trey starting, with Fore, first off the bench.

In my dream world, Julius and Jesse would be named A-10 co-Rookies of the year. Having said that, I'd still like to see Josh return, but he's missed a lot of team practice.

Well, I have to think that it is not a mistake of the magnitude that a recent basketball player made that got him immediately kicked off the team. Perhaps more like a policy violation. I hope Josh Jones comes back, I spoke to him at length last year when I ran into him at a store. He seems like a very nice, bright young man whom I would otherwise be proud to have representing my alma mater.

Ulla, what did you hear? We are definitely one of the only boards that refrains from posting what they hear. I'm not judging at all, just pointing it out

Last edited:
Spider13, prefer not to say, save for the fact it was unexpected. Hope Josh returns soon. OSC

I have seen him several times in the RC shooting before practice. He has also been seen watching from the sidelines but not participating. Have not seen him since the break.

Well it is obviously something much worse that driving under the influence as JT Barrett just did that and got a whopping 1 game suspension. Assuming these punishments are fairly applied across the board.:)

I must be hearing the same rumors others are hearing -- from what I was told I don't see it as a big mistake. In fact one that is made many times. I share the bigger concern expressed above.

Reactions: regatw
Well for him to have tweeted "itching to play," one could infer that he would think he would be back at some point. Said tweet is deleted, so now maybe he doesn't think he will be back? No rumors floating around here in Chicago about the situation ha.

we can only hope, not just for the team, but for the young man

So now does anyone in the know care to share why he was dismissed or will this be one of those mysteries for the common man to ponder

Could have used JJ this year bigger loss than given credit for. He definitely would have been in a top 9 rotation. No idea if he deserved dismissal or not but its poor planning. Stuff happens whether injuries or this crap but we went w/o bullet by going only 12 ships & went w/o bullet by scheduling 30 instead of 31 games. Opening loss we can recover but those 2 things just made it harder than it needed to be.

I don't know what he did but assume it must have been pretty bad, despite the fact that he was not arrested or charged with anything. Very confused as to how this outcome came about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT