ADVERTISEMENT

Jarin Stevenson

Another likely contributor to our all-legacy "We Tried" team.
I have heard anecdotally over the past few years that some of our well regarded players from the Tarrant/Beilein era are not huge fans of Mooney. That could play into why we never get any of these players. I think some think the legacy connection may help us, I actually think it hurts us in many cases.

the legacy concept sounds great but I can't think of any kid at any school who had real offers from true high major programs but chose to go to his pop's school in a lower conference.

you can blame Mooney for other things, but Jarin's not picking UR over UNC if offered and that's not on Mooney. same with Blair & Rice.

To be fair his mom played at UNC. Objectively if you’re a kid in his situation which school do you think is going to be the one he picks.

For sure. It's easy for us to get our hopes up as fans, and you have to make the effort/offer as a staff just in case you hit the jackpot, but no, it's not reasonable to think any of these guys would pick UR over a bigger opportunity due to that legacy connection.

Reactions: plydogg
I have heard anecdotally over the past few years that some of our well regarded players from the Tarrant/Beilein era are not huge fans of Mooney. That could play into why we never get any of these players. I think some think the legacy connection may help us, I actually think it hurts us in many cases.

we just have to wait until the mooney players have college aid kids. We all know Mooney will still be on the payroll then.

The ultimate knife-twist will be when one of Mooney's own kids turns out to be a super stud, but for someone else because his dad won't be coaching here at that point.
Won't be coaching here? I don't understand. He's only 48...he's got at least 20 more years here.

• Haha
Reactions: Eight Legger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT