ADVERTISEMENT

If Jake could of pitched UR might of won this

I totally agree with you but here is another point to ponder.

Our top 3 pitchers this year should have been Mayers, deMarte and Bret Williams. We had none of them for the critical late season stretch. A10 ROY Sterling should have been our mid week starter. Maffatt and Blum should have been in the pen.

I hate day dreaming like this, but this team was very close to being special.

This team WAS special...to go as far as they did with the injuries they had. Yes..I am sure everyone wanted that A10 trophy and beyond...but those of us at every game were witness to some gutsy performances...with the last two games being very notable. Williams coming off the bench last night at the last minute...Maffet today...Brockett this whole post season...not to mention Sterlings great performances. And that is just part of the picture. After that unbelievably incompetent umpire erased a run last night..the boys stayed focused and got it back..and went on to win the game. Clutch hitting got us to the tournament and kept us going...and despite a difficult defensive game yesterday...this season wound up with some memorable defensive plays...such as Ruzbarskys catch to start the Fordham series. I am so proud of this group...and while wishful thinking would erase injuries and have us further into the post season...I was thrilled to be cheering them on at the championship game!

I felt the guys were competitors all season. With a few breaks....? But looking at the roster, 5 Srs', 4 RJrs and 3 Jrs. If we can keep some of those Jrs and RJrs on for one more season we may have another special group. Good luck over the summer and come back strong.

There were eight seniors recognized on senior day last Sunday. Conway, Cowell, Ruzbarsky, Maffett, Mallory, Zink, Massar, McConnell.

9999, let me rephrase what I said. This team probably would've won 40-45 games with some better injury luck.

Yes, I am under the impression that some of the r-Juniors are done, since several participated in the Senior Day activities. There is going to be a major overhaul of our position players next year. Hopefully we have a bumper crop of solid freshmen coming in.

MO, are you saying that some with junior eligibility walked because they were seniors academically? think anyone graduating will walk, even if they are coming back. may have missed your point

Pitching was not the problem in the tourney. We gave up no more than 3 ER's in every game of the tourney. Our pitching was great.

We are a gutsy ballclub. Too many injuries. Not enough timely hitting. Not a team that did some basics well, average to good fielding, not putting the ball enough into play, too many K's, not moving runners over, not enough speed. We ran up against the one team that had our number, played small ball very well and knew how to pitch and limit damage (the big inning). Teams who advance know how to play small ball, defense and who also can hit with power. UR had 1 1/2 of these traits.

I'm proud of these Spiders. Because of many events, we weren't good enough. I look forward to next year. We will be a different ballclub with many holes to fill, especially the power bats. Keep the faith, this team has raised its win total every year for 4 years and most of our top pitching will return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT