ADVERTISEMENT

I believe the president, and in the president

Agent Orange promises everything to boost his image with a vaccine around the corner but there aren’t any vaccines.Sorry,King of Bullshit

On 7 March: "Very soon, we're going to come up [with a vaccine]."

Currently there is no vaccine for this new coronavirus, although scientists in many countries are working hard to develop one. Scientists say realistically, one won't be ready until at least the middle of next year. Testing of vaccines on animals has already started. There's also been a test on human volunteers of a vaccine against coronavirus, but it will take many months before we know if this works.

■ This is fake advice which you should ignore

Just write checks,King Dolt.Get out of the way.Get away from the podium which is your attempt to control a continuing false narrative as if you are actually doing something to combat this virus.The Governors are and have been doing all the work while you and your disciples kiss one another’s posterior on a daily National stage repeating nonsense.Wash your hands.

Hillbillies and Rednecks are likely to believe King Dolt:

Trump Oversells Breakthroughs in Boasts of U.S. Virus Response

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...breakthroughs-in-boasts-of-u-s-virus-response

Last edited:
Yep. And guess what someone on the board called the virus soon thereafter? Some people don't even try to hide how racist they are.
Obviously I'm not as "woke" as some. Can someone please explain why referring to COVID - 19 as the Chinese Flu, its apparent country of origin, is racist?

I understand in no event could we call it the Oriental Flu as Oriental has been banned as a pejorative. What about Asia Flu? Would that be racist?

It is difficult for many of us to stay abreast of how we are permitted to express ourselves.

Obviously I'm not as "woke" as some. Can someone please explain why referring to COVID - 19 as the Chinese Flu, its apparent country of origin, is racist?

I understand in no event could we call it the Oriental Flu as Oriental has been banned as a pejorative. What about Asia Flu? Would that be racist?

It is difficult for many of us to stay abreast of how we are permitted to express ourselves.
The Spanish are still very upset at what we call the great pandemic of a century ago. /s

People can call it what they want to. Its official name is COVID-19. That's what I call it. It's clear that the president is going out of his way to call it the Chinese coronavirus or some other such thing, more than likely to absolve himself of any blame for the outbreak and his woefully inadequate handling of it here. I find that to be unnecessarily petty and divisive, but of course that's not at all surprising given the source.

Wow. Dumbass had a softball question about what do you tell the American people who are scared, and he elected to attack the reporter who asked the question. What a disgusting excuse for a human being. Leader??? Yep. Some leader, right?

Because Chinese are getting bullied and discriminated against. If it is hurtful to Chinese, isn't that enough to stop using the phrase? Why intentionally be so hurtful? You asked what else you could call it? Why can't you just call it the official name? Why be a jerk just to be a jerk?

Reactions: KWeaver
Why do we have to waste time with dumbass talking (lying) everyday? And then Fauci has to waste time correcting him. Just let Fauci talk.

Reactions: 32counter
Because Chinese are getting bullied and discriminated against. If it is hurtful to Chinese, isn't that enough to stop using the phrase? Why intentionally be so hurtful? You asked what else you could call it? Why can't you just call it the official name? Why be a jerk just to be a jerk?
So if it may hurt someone's feelings, then it is racist? This view trivializes the struggle of millions of our fellow Americans, who endured untold hardships, to gain their unalienable rights.

But now we are racist if we accurately describe a flu strand by its point of origin. Nonsensical. Die on that hill if you like.

Last edited:
It is racist. Why call it that if you don't have to? Simple question.

He used Mexico for his racism in 2016, and is using China for his racism in 2020. Not going to work this time because he is responsible for killing lots of people this time. He can try to distract all he wants, and people like you can fall for his racist moves all you want, but he waited way too long to do anything, and was way too busy calling this a hoax instead of saving lives. He is done!

It is racist. Why call it that if you don't have to? Simple question.

Because it isn't racist in the traditional meaning of the word. You hold an opinion, not to be confused with holding the keys to eternal truth.

The use of the word "racism" for every slight, even unintentional, has rendered it meaningless. Trivialized it. Describing a flu by its point of origin is scarcely racist. It's an accurate descriptor.

Most of the folks casually and quickly throwing the word "racist" about never witnessed what actual racism looks like. I did! It ain't pretty!

But VT, sincerely hope you stay safe during this COVID-19, aka Chinese Flu, aka Wuhan Flu pandemic.

I hope everyone stays safe. I would never wish bad things on anyone, especially something as bad as this. But, we as a country have come a long way on racism, especially before dumb ass became president, and calling this disease something it isn't only to criticize a certain country or race is racism. It just is. Just like so much else dumb ass does. And now that dumb ass has the term out there, many of his base wilI use the term without caring about who they hurt and who gets bullied and shamed as a result. As for not seeing actual racism? Are you kidding me? I see it all the time, especially now with dumb ass racist POS trump running our country, and I hate it.

People can call it what they want to. Its official name is COVID-19. That's what I call it.
That's what I call it, too. Several pandemics throughout history have been named for the country of origin. The use of those terms does not "prove" the user is a racist. What a ridiculous, childish argument to make.

Fauci referred to the Spanish and Hong Kong flu pandemics the other day. Does that prove he's a racist?

I see that the snowflakes are trying to get the name of the Spanish Flu changed on Wikipedia. You can't make this stuff up.

That's what I call it, too. Several pandemics throughout history have been named for the country of origin. The use of those terms does not "prove" the user is a racist. What a ridiculous, childish argument to make.

Fauci referred to the Spanish and Hong Kong flu pandemics the other day. Does that prove he's a racist?

I see that the snowflakes are trying to get the name of the Spanish Flu changed on Wikipedia. You can't make this stuff up.
For the record, I don't think that in general, referring to certain things with those names is inherently racist. I do, however, think that the way Trump is intentionally crossing out "corona" and inserting "Chinese" before the word "virus" is very probably racist at worst and purposely inflammatory at best.

I would also say that we shouldn't look all the way back to 1918 for examples of how to behave in general.

Reactions: KWeaver and VT4700
If King Dolt thinks he’s under pressure now,wait for 2-3 weeks from now.No game plan,just daily show and tell with no depth-masks and ventilators are the least of his worries while closing the Mexican border to robbers,rapists and drug addicts.

You're a terrible reporter': Agent Orange berates NBC's Peter Alexander over coronavirus question

Last edited:
For the record, I don't think that in general, referring to certain things with those names is inherently racist. I do, however, think that the way Trump is intentionally crossing out "corona" and inserting "Chinese" before the word "virus" is very probably racist at worst and purposely inflammatory at best.

I would also say that we shouldn't look all the way back to 1918 for examples of how to behave in general.
I agree about the use of the terminology, and especially about Trump. Your last statement is a fallacy - nobody is making that argument.
I don't believe Fauci is a racist because he said "Spanish Flu" on March 18, 2020, nor is he guided by the norms of 1918 when he does so.

Lord knows I don't agree with a lot of what certain posters say on these forums. But for someone to baselessly label a Spider fan as a racist and a University of Richmond alum as uneducated is beyond the pale.

If one of Hardt's employees did that, I don't think he'd be too happy about it.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - named after area of origin

Lyme Disease - named after area of Connecticut where originated

Ross River Fever - named after area of Australia where originated

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever - named after Ebola River region of Zaire where originated

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) - named after region of origin

Norovirus - named after Norwalk, Ohio where originated

Zika Fever - named for Zika Forest in Uganda where originated

Legionnaire's Disease - named after American Legion Convention in Philadelphia where it originated

Many, many more examples

Chinese media refers to it has Wuhan pneumonia or Wuhan coronavirus

"Japan and Thailand Confirm New Cases of Chinese Coronavirus", New York Times, 1/15/20

"The First Case of Chinese Coronavirus Hits US", BuzzFeed

Many, many more examples

I respect that you feel calling it by its point of origin is racist so don't use it. However, when you start attributing a racist motivation to others who choose to use it expect push back and a lot of it. No one appointed you as the arbiter of what is and isn't racist.

And, in 2015 the WHO stopped naming viruses and diseases after places to "minimize unnecessary negative effects on nations, economy, and people."

So, I ask again, why say it if you don't have to? If it only causes a negative, is hurtful, and causes hate crimes, why say it?

Reactions: KWeaver
And, in 2015 the WHO stopped naming viruses and diseases after places to "minimize unnecessary negative effects on nations, economy, and people."

So, I ask again, why say it if you don't have to? If it only causes a negative, is hurtful, and causes hate crimes, why say it?

This has been answered repeatedly in Posts 92, 95, and 105. Perhaps reading them aloud slowly would help. If everything is racist, nothing is.

My last post on the subject. .

You could take it to the opposite extreme, such as Florence, Italy's - no joke - "Hug a Chinese Day" PC campaign in February. We should check in on them and see how that's working out.....

Reactions: whampas
You wouldn’t be qualified even on a part time basis to clean Warren’s toilets.Dont make me laugh.Clueless.I fight the IRS most years.I get audited.I pay what the law says.Same for Buffett.When your net worth is $70,000,000,000 come back to the discussion.You are not even in the minor leagues.Ask Agent Orange why he hasn’t released his tax returns.Now there’s a fraud if ever there was one.He’s a phony minor leaguer.
If I am right, and you work for the University of Richmond, you should not be posting these types of insults.

Agent Orange’s Priority Is Making Sure Someone Else Takes the Blame If Things Go Bad

Jack Holmes
EsquireMarch 27, 2020
642080a1d41e65d493dd2b59a4b9407c

Photo credit: The Washington Post - Getty Images

That arrangement will not work for the president, however. If he grants this is his responsibility, he might be held accountable for the outcome. And while that is the definition of democratic self-government, it's not something in which he is particularly interested. So he called into Sean Hannity's Fox News program last night to explain why this is all really on the states themselves to figure out. That way, it's their fault when lots of people die.

Here's the president of the United States saying states "shouldn't be relying on the federal government." For help. During a national pandemic. pic.twitter.com/cvt0XHv8Ii

— Andrew Lawrence (@ndrew_lawrence) March 27, 2020
leaving it to the states, but it is not. It's more like if FDR said Pearl Harbor was Hawaii's problem. We are at war, the president says constantly, against a silent enemy, but apparently he is not the commander-in-chief, at least if it means he is responsible for whether we win or lose. He would like to be on television talking about the war, and if it goes well he will claim credit. But if it goes south, it's Jay Inslee's fault.

feeling about how many ventilators we need." data-reactid="30" style="margin-bottom: 1em;">This was the theme of his Hannity appearance, however. Ol' Sean would sit there rustling papers while the President of the United States talked out of his royal behind about how many ventilators we need based on...his feeling about how many ventilators we need.

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators"

- President Donald Trump pic.twitter.com/g7XLVYNyVp

— Andrew Lawrence (@ndrew_lawrence) March 27, 2020
miraculously [/a]and take zero action to grow our testing capabilities, much less stockpile masks or ventilators, or task the Army Corps of Engineers with building out our hospital capacity. Even now, The New York Timesreports the White House balked at the price tag for securing the number of ventilators we may need if we continue on our disastrous trajectory. Already, we're the epicenter of the worldwide pandemic—more cases than China. But we can't spend $1 billion on ventilators when, also according to the Times, the $2 trillion stimulus bill making its way through Congress contains a $170 billion tax-break "bonanza" for rich real-estate investors. What did the president do before he was a game-show host, again?

Even in a country as unequivocally ****ed up as this one, you've got to think that the president will not be able to slime his way out of responsibility when large numbers of people start dying in the coming weeks. And they will. And some of those deaths will have been preventable. And the responsibility for preventing them lies with the federal government, led by the president.

Secret Meetings by Intelligence Committee member.Inside Trading

It would be the same as naming genital warts,syphillis,gonorrhea or grabbing pussy after Trump.Now we may be onto something.

The FOX/Agent Orange Hoax continues

DoD working to get 100,000 body bags in anticipation of increasing coronavirus deaths-

As fatalities climb from the spread of coronavirus, the Department of Defense has moved to procure 100,000 body bags to accommodate increased demand from morgues across the country.

"The Department of Defense and the Defense Logistics Agency have a longstanding arrangement with FEMA to procure key commodities from DLA's industrial partners during crisis response operations," DoD spokesman Lt. Col Mike Andrews announced in a release Thursday. "DLA is currently responding to FEMA's prudent planning efforts for 100,000 pouches to address mortuary contingencies on behalf of state health agencies."

Meanwhile, Devin stinking Nunes, only a week or two after saying we should still go out to restaurants, now is saying this is overkill and we should be sending our kids back to school this month. WTF?????

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT