ADVERTISEMENT

How do rate our year , our team and our program ?

^^I'm pretty sure I agree with Peanut.

The whole deal with Mike Rocco was unfortunate all the way around. Remember that Strauss hadn't completely lit the world on fire until after Mike Rocco got here. Last November, actually.

It struck me yesterday watching the Senior Day ceremony how so few of the seniors had any huge, memorable moments during their career. Strauss put up some huge numbers. S Barnette was one of our best WR ever but has been gone for a month. Evan Kelly was an outstanding defensive tackle and Wright and Roane were sturdy linebackers.

I guess we'll find out next September how much the other 17 will be missed. While I appreciate all their contributions, i'm excited to see our next batch of leaders emerge.

What I'd really like is for Kyle Lauletta and Omar Howard to step up and become the unquestioned leaders on their respective side of the ball.

Oh yeah, beat the Indians!

Mo I am with you. We need this team to take on a mentality internally that demands accountability among each other not just from the coaching staff. Individual performances are important but the team has to come first. I love what Omar Howard brings to the table with his talent and effort. I also liked the statements made earlier in the year by Coach Rocco about how Omar brings it every day in practice and he forced the staff to have to play him with his consistent improvement and work ethic. Lauletta also appears to have the "it" factor based on his limited game performances last year. A culture of winning and closing the deal at the college level is still an evolving process with our current roster. This team should have a hunger as this group was recruited right after our National Championship and fully expected to carry on that legacy of winning and playoff participation. Hopefully a statement can still be made on Saturday at the Reservation!

I have complained as much as anyone about coaching. But please, NOT ANOTHER HEAD COACH. Since 2007, we have had Clawson, London, Scott, Lineberg, and Rocco. Five in 9 years, I don't want to see a sixth. Let's see what Danny Rocco can do next year, when he is not dealing with the "nephew fallout".

BTW, the one good thing that happened during the past two games is we didn't burn Kyle Lauletta's red shirt. I do hope we get busy recruiting his backups.

I-M, am only saying that because of the closeness of coaching staffs, it makes it very difficult to cut guys, fire them. not saying if it needs to be done or not, i don't know, only that because of the tightness, even tougher to do than in business. am not in meetings, at practice, don't know what needs to be done, it may not be coaching and schemes, it may be we don't have the players and they do not execute. for example, on the long pass when we had them backed up 3rd and long on their 6 yard line, our defensive player stopped and let the receiver go by him, that is not coaching, that is execution. there does seem to be something missing, could be leadership from captains, seniors, could be coaching, could be talent, i just don't know but just firing coaches does not mean it will change either. if developing a winning team, program, was easy, they would not make any money they do.

I have no confidence DR can take a team to the playoffs, especially in light of past at Liberty and failure to win against lesser competition. That said, he will serve out contract. So only hope is new O line coach, new D line coach, and 3 new coordinators. Do not feel DR will get rid of that many, if any. At least hope for new line coaches and 1 coordinator. If no changes, next year will be quite bad and start of descent to URI level.

uri is not winning any, ANY, games, we have a winning season, hope you are way off base with that comment....

I rate us a 5 out of 10--simply put an average team. Our talent level is high but the performances are less than inspiring. Not that its breaking news but at least Coach Rocco knows that its turnovers that are killing this team this year.

Its funny how things go. After rereading this post in its entirety, if we get one more win against W&M and make the playoffs, everything changes about how I ( and probably most of you ) feel about this year and our team...... Just one more win...... GO SPIDERS !!!!!

If this team can't get it done three consecutive weeks in a row and lose the last two games to our biggest rivals we will have
a truly negative outlook going into the off-season and next year. I am hoping our Seniors demand extreme effort and focus and show some pride tomorrow night. That internal leadership can carry this team to a victory and change the feeling about our program that has developed over the last two weeks. If they do not we will get blown out at the Reservation. Win and we hopefully start a new playoff tradition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT