ADVERTISEMENT

High Point Series

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
Good start, up 2-0. Phil Ruzbarsky cranked a 2 run homer in the top of the 2nd. Phil is off to a huge start this season.

Spiders hang on for a 7-6 win, now 7-3 on the season.

Great stretch for the Spiders, after that initial slow start. Let's keep the momentum going with a 12-game home stand. If you're parking in RC lot, watch out for all those HR's coming that way!

Went to the HPU series. Obviously, the team looks great, things working on all cylinders, hitting, timely hitting, pitching, defense. HPU was our toughest opponent to date, having already taken 2 out of 3 from Dayton and whipping Charlotte, Wake and Mercer. A different hero every game. The only is issue is that we are down to 10 healthy pitchers, so its triage time until we get two of them back. We will need more than 10 to last the season.

Given the results recently of other teams in the league, I see no reason why the Spiders cannot contend for the A10 title, but it IS a long season.

On a side note, The HPU stadium is EXACTLY what UR ought to do. Seatbacks for 750, a nice pavillion to walk around and enjoy the game, good sight lines, nice hospitality, a great atmosphere. AND LIGHTS.

Go Spiders!
This post was edited on 3/8 7:52 AM by Tarantula'sDad

Yea the pitching situation is interesting...it looks like 4 or 5 freshman are a key part of the rotation and two of them are now weekend starters. They have all been impressive so far.

Tar9 would know better than me but I believe 3 of the 4 originally projected top starting pitchers are out for the year or at least an extended period of time.

Looks like the team is really coming together and taking care of the opponents we should be taking care of after the "delayed" start to the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT