ADVERTISEMENT

Hardt on the Status of the BB Program

I sort of read that part as a generic throwaway type of line that was Hardt saying something just to say something. I don't think he actually meant "Great Player X transferred out and that sucks, but we have to move on." I think he meant it in a general sense like, 'Whatever happened in the past is something we can't dwell on.'

I sort of read that part as a generic throwaway type of line that was Hardt saying something just to say something. I don't think he actually meant "Great Player X transferred out and that sucks, but we have to move on." I think he meant it in a general sense like, 'Whatever happened in the past is something we can't dwell on.'
It's comes across as an excuse that has no basis in reality, that I can think of. Forget the past? The past is what got us in this to this point, anybody can say the future looks bright, but when does the future come?

It's comes across as an excuse that has no basis in reality, that I can think of. Forget the past? The past is what got us in this to this point, anybody can say the future looks bright, but when does the future come?
Totally agree with you. Maybe Hardt doesn't really know enough about the past 7 years in depth yet to speak intelligently about it? Not sure. ANO was the only transfer who left us to play for a "better" program. Unless you consider John Moran, the walk-on who transferred and got a scholie at Drexel for his grad transfer season.

Reactions: urfan1
again what transfer affected this team? I really can't think of any significant transfers. Can anyone with a better memory than me recall someone who could have helped this team, leaving
In fact if Cline hadn't transferred in, last year could have just like this.
There have been no transfers of real substance, except maybe ANO. I’m guessing this is just explanatory for why there are no upper class men on the scholarship roster.

This "interview" was nothing more than:

A) an attempt to quiet down the #FireMooney warpath the Athl Dept/Univ is receiving on all social media platforms.

B) a check the box task for JOC, since he's also been getting hammered on twitter for his unwillingness to ask a tough question to anyone. "There. I asked the question. Now leave me alone. I'm going to take a nap."

Hope they recognize that we're not going away. #FireMooney

Reactions: SpiderHoops32
Some of you obviously have no clue on diplomacy. In fact I would love to know what
he was supposed to say?
"I'm going to fire the S.O.B. as soon as I can. I was told to do it by the experts on the
Rivals Forum. And everyone knows that they are all rocket scientist."
Exactly. A good poker player never shows his hand until he absolutely has to.

This "interview" was nothing more than:

A) an attempt to quiet down the #FireMooney warpath the Athl Dept/Univ is receiving on all social media platforms.

B) a check the box task for JOC, since he's also been getting hammered on twitter for his unwillingness to ask a tough question to anyone. "There. I asked the question. Now leave me alone. I'm going to take a nap."

Hope they recognize that we're not going away. #FireMooney

It doesn’t matter.You’re wasting your time.Buy Some Bitcoin.Buy a Lotto ticket.

It doesn’t matter.You’re wasting your time.Buy Some Bitcoin.Buy a Lotto ticket.
You will learn, this is 1/3 Dick Tarrant. No less, certainly no more. Jabba the Hardt is hopefully going diplomatic route. I have moved past Mooney, whether it is after this season or next season. Hardt must have the ability to select the next DT or JB. Can he, I don't know. I can wait him out until 2020. I can wait. I can. My worry is I will have to wait out Hardt until we are good again. Hopefully not just a figment of Mike Muscala's imagination.

• Love
Reactions: 8legs1dream
I don't think there is a single AD in the country who would come in and say something more negative than what Hardt said in the interview, and if you expected anything more or a mid-season firing you are truly delusional. To me, this does not look good for Mooney.
I disag
I don't think there is a single AD in the country who would come in and say something more negative than what Hardt said in the interview, and if you expected anything more or a mid-season firing you are truly delusional. To me, this does not look good for Mooney.
I disagree. He didn't say anything negative about CM...Nothing. He said only negative things about our "talent." He made excuse after excuse for CM. Is everything in this world "spin"? What, we can't expect the next leader of the athletic department to speak the truth? This interview does not hold out much promise for the future under his leadership. Who is he afraid of offending by saying what we all already know, that CM has been a disaster this year and very below average in the 6 years past?

Some of you obviously have no clue on diplomacy. In fact I would love to know what
he was supposed to say?
"I'm going to fire the S.O.B. as soon as I can. I was told to do it by the experts on the
Rivals Forum. And everyone knows that they are all rocket scientist."

No he should have just said the program isn't where we want it to be and we need all hands on deck working hard to fix this as quickly as possible. We will get this turned around.

Instead of listing a number of excuses some aren't true others are a direct result of the current coach's efforts. it sounds like he got a list of excuses from CM and just repeated them.
And the 'great things on the horizon' line how trite.

I disag

I disagree. He didn't say anything negative about CM...Nothing. He said only negative things about our "talent." He made excuse after excuse for CM. Is everything in this world "spin"? What, we can't expect the next leader of the athletic department to speak the truth? This interview does not hold out much promise for the future under his leadership. Who is he afraid of offending by saying what we all already know, that CM has been a disaster this year and very below average in the 6 years past?
Excuses come out of Mooney's mouth. The same thing spoken by Hardt are reasons. Hardt's job is to determine if Mooney's excuses are reason enough to let him go. Many of us know the answer to that question because we've been subjected to it for a long time. Hardt hopefully will get there soon.

Hardt is 8 days into his job. You think he is going to go on local media and blast our program? I found what he said to be fine. He is going to take the next couple of months to fully evaluate things. I'm sure that means educating himself on what exact circumstances got us in this position and taking the pulse of various important stakeholders with the program. If he is under the mistaken impression that we had a lot of transfers that set the program back with no senior leadership this year, I'm sure someone will set up him straight on the exact nature of those transfers (recruiting misses that went to D-2 programs).

It's been 3 years--potentially 4 with 2018 and how it shakes out--but I stopped contributing because of our current coach--I will contribute again when we have a new one.

Reactions: Hanca
Hardt is 8 days into his job. You think he is going to go on local media and blast our program? I found what he said to be fine. He is going to take the next couple of months to fully evaluate things. I'm sure that means educating himself on what exact circumstances got us in this position and taking the pulse of various important stakeholders with the program. If he is under the mistaken impression that we had a lot of transfers that set the program back with no senior leadership this year, I'm sure someone will set up him straight on the exact nature of those transfers (recruiting misses that went to D-2 programs).

I will gladly do it myself once I get his email.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT