ADVERTISEMENT

Hampton

PLEASE PLEASE, do not sign anymore MEAC schools contracts using MEAC officials. Jerry Wainwright went thru this and I saw W&M go thru it in football. They are not crooks, only just plain terrible at game management.

Well done in second half. Much better effort on both sides of the ball. KL can be very effective when he throws off play action. I agree with Mo, our team and young QB showed a lot of moxy today. Gut check win. Hopefully we can carry that second half effort on to the home opener.​

must say that i enjoyed all of you guys on here as much as the game. do agree that we should not get personal with our guys, just not needed, we can figure it out. pro teams, no probs, UR student athletes, nope.

Reactions: Spidermaniac
Good comeback win today. Owned 2H and that's a great sign of a strong finish. Nice to have the "Nascar" offense wear down an opponent D and it was more balanced as well. As for the other "crap" of MEAC refs and overall game mgt by Hampton, I'll raise the question to our AD as to why we would ever go there again. If Hampton wants to play us, come to RS. Have to be better at picking OOC games; should only go where there's a hope of competent refs and Athletic Dept (ridiculous they couldn't even get stats right today). Gill and Rocco need to send a scathing report to MEAC immediately.

Reactions: SpiderK
Good effort pulling out a win while playing that poorly. Hampton is a decent to good team with some very talented players. However, I've had enough of their ineptness/coruptness we need to keep them off our schedule until they get their act together.

Reactions: SpiderK
It is not good that we want to be a pro set team yet Brown and Diggs caught 14 of the 20 completions (70%). Have to get the tight ends involved because that will help the running game and allow us to throw out of the I form

Great comeback by the team today -- some of our fans need to take a deep breath before the post. Coaching staff made great game changes, we beat a good team that was being aided by the refs. This young team will have ups and downs, but I think we have the potential to be very good. Got to get some players back already is my biggest concern.

Fan1 so I understand both transfer DBs are injured and now Mainsah. A DL is out Is that the current situation?

If reports are correct, Spiders may have severe depth problems due to injuries. Has to be a major concern for staff and options appear limited. Anyone have info?

Hampton is the new Delaware as Transfer U per JOC excerpt:

"In the second year of Connell Maynor's tenure as Hampton's coach, the Pirates are going heavy with transfers. The HU roster includes 29 transfers, 16 of them from FBS schools.

The most notable from this region is graduate student David Watford, the University of Virginia's starting quarterback in 2013. Watford was raised in Hampton. HU also has transfers from UCLA, Auburn, Oregon, Syracuse, South Carolina, Cincinnati, Michigan State, Wake Forest and East Carolina."

Twenty-nine transfers?!? Is that even allowed? How many are redshirting? I'm surprised they can fill an active roster with that many scholarship transfers. WTF.

The ref crew should have been reprimanded. They were horrible on calls on both teams. I have seen some bad officiating in my day but this was perhaps the worst overall effort that I have ever seen. Good for the MEAC!

Am sure AD Gill and his team put together some prose and relevant game film excerpts on Sunday which were sent to MEAC commish(copy to CAA commish) and possibly the NCAA(Gill worked there) which set forth the total ineptitude of the officiating crew game management including our DB taking an injury laden sucker shot which was not called as a foul.

Gill and Walsh came down from the stands and ended up on the sidelines during the game when the sh_t hit the fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT