ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Durden, Please!

first and goal and we run multiple gimmick plays? thats pitiful. Our offensive line is suppose to be our strength....show some confidence in them, line up in a power I and pound the ball forward 4 plays in a row if necessary. don't overcomplicate things with some kind of reverse WR pass. Thats just stupid, even if it works.
FIRE DURDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I realize that football has become a more pass oriented game, but WHY DO THEY RUN FROM THE SHOTGUN WHEN ONLY ONE YARD IS NEEDED? We haven't had a good under center quarterback since Eric Ward (man I miss him). Huesman keeps saying that English is a strong runner, and he has him in the shotgun? ALL ON THE COACHES...

Reactions: Under Center
I realize that football has become a more pass oriented game, but WHY DO THEY RUN FROM THE SHOTGUN WHEN ONLY ONE YARD IS NEEDED? We haven't had a good under center quarterback since Eric Ward (man I miss him). Huesman keeps saying that English is a strong runner, and he has him in the shotgun? ALL ON THE COACHES...
I wondered the same thing. Air Force sure didn’t recruit him for his throwing ability, and yesterday a couple of our
biggest gains were runs by English.

Last edited:
first and goal and we run multiple gimmick plays? thats pitiful. Our offensive line is suppose to be our strength....show some confidence in them, line up in a power I and pound the ball forward 4 plays in a row if necessary. don't overcomplicate things with some kind of reverse WR pass. Thats just stupid, even if it works.
FIRE DURDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly my point!

Reactions: AnnapSpider
It's just the way he rips his own players and coaches publicly as if he had nothing to do with bringing them here or coaching them. If you think our offense sucks, coach, do something about it. Otherwise, the blame ultimately rests with you.
I believe in Coach Huesman's post game presser he specifically questioned the direct snap to Dykes on first and goal at the one.

He went on to say something about preferring four QB sneaks. Coach, if that's the way you feel why did you let the play occur. You're the Head Coach! Take charge, if you don't like what's being called change the decision. Pitiful!

Go Spiders!

Been a die hard Spider fan for decades. Yesterday was an abomination.

Naturally optimistic person, but in recent years have concluded being a Spider Fan is akin to being a Voodoo doll. Your heart and soul will be repeatedly pierced.

Will never give up on the Spiders, but athletic department needs to get their "stuff" together and build consistent winning programs in the revenue sports at a minimum.

This dude (Durden) collects a 6 figure paycheck (Higher than many deans on campus), has tried (and failed spectacularly) repeatedly to replace the only QB on our team who can throw the ball past the line of scrimmage because he wasn't one of his recruits and "didn't fit his system". Well its clear his system is trash. He should of been fired after missing the playoffs with an NFL QB and almost all the returning starters. Its never too late to right a wrong so fire him tonight and restore some faith in the fan base that has watched their rivals run away from them. Show that this school actually cares about doing more than just rolling out the balls and competing.

Durden should forfeit all of his career earnings to Rodney Landers because that's the only success this bum can even point to. For the love of all that is holy can we please get rid of this guy? I cant sit down and watch this offense its beyond predictable. If RH cant see the writing on the wall he needs to go too though no one in our athletic department has the stones to push the reset button and why bother they're all still getting paid? I refuse to criticize the players efforts today. The defense wasn't elite but certainly did their fair share to keep the game competitive. Has to be exhausting when you see the offense not be able to do anything either so big plays are bound to eventually happen. Its either these coaches can't coach the QBs they bring in, or they are bringing in QBs who aren't talented enough to play at this level.

We wasted a playoff caliber team. Someone has to pay for it. Lets start with Durden.

Last edited:
My goodness, you have two weeks to prepare and this is the best you can do. You stick with a QB
who has only one option. You have a second string who obviously has more arm but little practice.
I am sorry the boss hawgs on OL move nobody and cannot protect and are over rated by a long shot.
Durden said this week, he was not doing his job, well he still is not doing it and should be gone NOW!

Huesman is a disgrace to Spider athletics. Just an overpaid bum, should be working as a clown for childrens parties.

Russ is a good man but in over his head. Can't forget his initial comments when he was hired that UR was a Cadillac and he didn't want to screw it up. Feel as though he put too much pressure on himself to keep us at the same level as DR and it has affected his performance as head coach. Time to start over with a whole new staff and philosophy.

Is this a real quote? If this guy is fired tomorrow it’s a day too late. I don’t mean anything personal towards the man but this is the most inept helpless response to a question I think I’ve seen. Can we please get someone to coach the team who actually has a plan?

"Show that this school actually cares about doing more than just rolling out the balls and competing."
This is who We R at UR. Durden is a symptom, but far from the underlying problem.

Have been a devoted fan for decades. Season ticket holder for decades. Did not attend today. Had other things to do after traveling most of week. Could have attended. Would have attended had believed we would be competitive. If the devoted are not attending, can't expect the casual to attend, hence attendance in the dump for most games and trending downward.

Successive UR Administrations have been killing off Spider sports chip by chip. Competing is the mantra, not winning. No athletic vision. None.

Yeah, it’s time to stop with the Fire Durden stuff. Fire Huesman Mafia should be organizing quickly 😀

Hues an is a dead man walking. Everyone knows it, including him. Hardt might be stupid but he's not a complete imbecile.

On a positive note...and we need one.

The defense has given up only 40 points in the last 2 games against a FBS opponent and a FCS powerhouse. Kudos to them!

Should have been enough to win at least one of those, but we get back to the thread title.

You forgot Elon in there, but they had 21, so I guess that doesn't change things much. Though I can't remember if all their TDs were offensive or not.

Does the school get a government bonus if we call this season a Covid-19 death like the hospitals do?

• Haha
Reactions: Mo 2.0
Durden is really the worst. Towson has a pretty terrible defense and we can’t move the ball.

Reactions: SpiderK
Hardt is worse than Gill. He’s done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Spider Athletics. Zilch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT