ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Durden, Please!

RH just took a veiled shot at Durden in his postgame on the radio. Essentially said that the QB coaching has to be better.

RH just took a veiled shot at Durden in his postgame on the radio. Essentially said that the QB coaching has to be better.
Why veiled? It’s pretty obvious Durden ain’t getting it done. However, coach Huesman it’s a little late for that to be dawning on you

Reporter: "Coach what went wrong? "
Coach H: "I don't know, I mean, we got good players an all...maybe it's the coaching I dunno..."
Spidernation: "ya think??"

Russ is a dud.
Time to burn it all down. We built an offense around a player that really doesn’t do anything great and when he gets hurt, we’ve got absolutely no plan B. These guys get paid a lot of money to figure this out and what they put out there today was pathetic.

At halftime Huesman called the offense “garbage” three times in 10 seconds and pretty much blasted English and said “everyone saw him throw the ball backwards in our own territory” on that turnover (or something to that effect). More blame-gaming that rings hollow until he does something about it. I know we don’t fire coaches ever, much less in mid season, but there is a first time for everything.

Reactions: Speyederman
What would you have rather him said EL? That we competed? That injuries are too much to overcome? That the St Louis baseball team costs us players?

of course…I wish he would have followed it up with actually making changes.

Reactions: Mo 2.0
Reporter: "Coach what went wrong? "
Coach H: "I don't know, I mean, we got good players an all...maybe it's the coaching I dunno..."
Spidernation: "ya think??"
When you berate your team like you did at half time, what else can you expect, Russ? You (and your staff) can't recruit, you can't make the playoffs with your recruits, and your coaching (especially in-game coaching) has been an effort of futility (see Villanova and Yale). I truly hope you are given the door at season's end. The only problem is that the next guy will inherit a cupboard that is woefully bare...especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: SpiderK
I care about the football program. And I think we have a talented team at most positions. Unfortunately, you have to have a QB who can throw accurately more than 10 yards. Again, not a shot at Beau, that is just not his game. If you are 1 demintional in the CAA you are in trouble. That was on full display today. And the play calling was bad. That did not help.

By the lack of posting on this board, it looks like not many us still give a rat’s ass about football anyway.
Honestly, i wonder if the University's negligence is just trying to kill off the program and its passionate supporters.

What would you have rather him said EL? That we competed? That injuries are too much to overcome? That the St Louis baseball team costs us players?

It's just the way he rips his own players and coaches publicly as if he had nothing to do with bringing them here or coaching them. If you think our offense sucks, coach, do something about it. Otherwise, the blame ultimately rests with you.

Where can we find audio of Russ calling the offense 'garbage'?

It was the halftime clip leaving the field.

think we can all agree that RH doesn’t connect with the players and it’s time to move on.

would love to use the bye week to make some sort of change.

Reactions: Eight Legger
“I said [to] everybody in that room, ‘Stick together,’” UR coach Russ Huesman said of his message to his players following Saturday’s defeat. “I said, ‘I’m sure there’s going to be a bunch of people that aren’t real fond of our team right now, aren’t real fond of me, upset with me and the coaches, upset with the players.’

“But I told our group, ‘It doesn’t make any difference what’s happening on the outside. It’s what happens in our room and with our group, and that’s all that matters.’ But I’m sure there are going to be a lot of people that are questioning whether we’ve got a good football team or not. I believe we do.”

Seems hard to square the "stick together" theme with the "offense is garbage" line of commentary.
I guess he figures a garbage coach and a team playing like garbage (his words...not mine) should be able to stick together.

They really should cut the halftime interview. It’s never a good look.

Huesman's postgame assessment of English included the magic phrase: "He competed."

first and goal and we run multiple gimmick plays? thats pitiful. Our offensive line is suppose to be our strength....show some confidence in them, line up in a power I and pound the ball forward 4 plays in a row if necessary. don't overcomplicate things with some kind of reverse WR pass. Thats just stupid, even if it works.
FIRE DURDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the post game conference , russ looks like a beaten man, i dont understand how he could have never been thinking of a quarterback change, they should at least see what hardy or wickersham can do , get them some meaningful playing time. unless things change for the better we will be playing the rest of the season with a lame duck coach, cant be good for recruiting. hopefully the admin has its own list of coaches in waiting, if ever a team needed a fresh start , its this team , i agree the guy from vmi seems like a great choice, lets turn football saturday , into something special again , not something that thats no fun anymore .

Reactions: DTSpider
You would think that a HC that thinks their offense was garbage at halftime might bench his two key offensive pieces, the OC and QB, and try something different in the 2nd half.

He should have taken over the offense himself and started calling plays with a new QB.

You would think that a HC that thinks their offense was garbage at halftime might bench his two key offensive pieces, the OC and QB, and try something different in the 2nd half.

He should have taken over the offense himself and started calling plays with a new QB.
I can’t like this enough. Maybe it’s during the bye week. I don’t know…I’m grasping at straws for reasons for hope. But I’d also expect that RH says that nothing is going to change and then bam…at kickoff against JMU in 2 weeks we have a different QB running a different system.

I can’t like this enough. Maybe it’s during the bye week. I don’t know…I’m grasping at straws for reasons for hope. But I’d also expect that RH says that nothing is going to change and then bam…at kickoff against JMU in 2 weeks we have a different QB running a different system.
Sounds like fairy tale!!!!!

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT