ADVERTISEMENT

Duncan Powell - 2021 Offer

Sman, I was laughing to myself, thinking how on your side of the argument you could point to the NBA Eastern Conference finals. One side you have two tallest starters 6'9 and 6'8, and the other team 6'9 and 6'7 I believe.

I am also a proponent for talent over size, but would still love to have some talented 6'8 or taller guys in this recruiting class.
I might take a 6'9" team of
Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Elvin Hayes, Karl Malone, and Kevin Durrant
off the top of my head...

you're going to have a 6'9" team without LeBron? come on, man. don't be a hater.

side note: weird seeing AD next to LJ. always considered AD a monster. they're legitimately about the same height.

you're going to have a 6'9" team without LeBron? come on, man. don't be a hater.

side note: weird seeing AD next to LJ. always considered AD a monster. they're legitimately about the same height.
I was going by a career NBA scoring site. It shorted both KD & LJ by an inch. So KD 6'9" LJ 6"8"...

Reactions: spiderman
New interview with Duncan. About 2 minutes in, he rattled off a list of 11 schools that have offered. We weren’t mentioned.

Reactions: plydogg
Don’t see this guy fitting in at UR and I agree with others that if he did he would be looking to jump. Hopefully he doesn’t end up at SLU, which I also think is doubtful. My bet is he stays in the South.

I’m not surprised at this, but we didn’t make Duncan’s top 5...Dayton, ODU, Hampton, UTSA, and NC A&T. We now have no known big man offers out there.

Like several of us have said, he just doesn't feel like a good fit, so I would not be at all surprised if we backed off, but who knows.

Plans to commit on November 30. Of course, he forgot to announce his top 5 when he originally said he was going to, so take this one with a grain of salt too.

“My role as a freshman coming in. That’s really everything".
I'm sure he's not alone with that, but I don't think I've ever heard that as a number 1 factor.

Dayton's the clear choice for the program that can help him most in becoming a 1st round pick. but they're probably also the least likely to commit to a freshman year role.

I'm certain we wouldn't have either.

Forgoing his senior year of high school hoops to focus on his goal of getting to the NBA. 🤷‍♂️

best of luck to him.
I can't see any way it would have worked out here.
surprised we even offered, despite the need and his basketball skills.

I misunderstood. I thought he was skipping HS senior season to prepare to go pro, but he's skipping senior year to prepare for college.
what a long strange trip it's been.

this guy's a fun listen. self proclaimed "little bit crazy". "get the popcorn ready". has compared himself to Marshawn Lynch. he's got some personality.

Gotta say, I like these big time recruits going to HBCU's. And yeah, he looks like he has some personality, probably wasn't a great mesh with Mooney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT