ADVERTISEMENT

Do you approve of the move to the Patriot League?

Do you approve of the move to the Patriot League?

• Yes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
I agree the CAA is much better football conference than Patriot. And from a fan and athletic perspective - its a better fit.

Put it this way - I bet if you told the administration at UR they had 2 options and had to pick one.

1) Be compared to Ivy League schools and be proclaimed the Ivy League or Princeton of the South.
2) Drop slightly in our current rankings as school

I think they pick 1. Hence - the reason they decided to move football to the Patriot league.
To put it kindly, UR does not want to be associated with Hampton or NC A&T in the CAA. UR has no right to look down its nose at any other football school, unless it can beat them on the field.

The move to the PL will kill UR football.

Reactions: Dr. Spidey
The CAA was a great football conference. It has been run worse than any other conference and now is middling at best. It’s oversized and has way too many weak teams. I’m not saying the Patriot is great but there’s not a huge delta amongst any of the FCS east coast conferences currently.

The CAA was a great football conference. It has been run worse than any other conference and now is middling at best. It’s oversized and has way too many weak teams. I’m not saying the Patriot is great but there’s not a huge delta amongst any of the FCS east coast conferences currently.
Agree with everything here. It's twice the size of the PL so all being equal it should get twice the participants in the playoffs. If the CAA gets 4 the PL should get two. I think the PL is trending up and the CAA down. CAA hope that Nova doesn't follow Richmond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT