ADVERTISEMENT

Declan Ryan

Wood Hall

Team Manager
Jan 26, 2015
A 6-7 forward from Canisius High School in Buffalo, named WNY Player of the Year. He'll play at a New England prep school next year, as he skipped a grade as a kid and is young for a high school senior. UR women's player Siobhan Ryan is his older sister.

I'm sure he's on our radar.

Declan and Siobhan. Interesting first names. To each his own.
It’s called being of strong Irish roots.

That's why I'm here. Taking in the knowledge freely and impartially provided by my fellow Spiders. ;)

In 70 years, never heard either of those names. Think I'm probably Provincial. Need to get out more. :)

Reactions: mojo-spider
That's why I'm here. Taking in the knowledge freely and impartially provided by my fellow Spiders. ;)

In 70 years, never heard either of those names. Think I'm probably Provincial. Need to get out more. :)
Well, if you are still close to school…

She is my daughter's doc. Should have known better. Been told I am occasionally inattentive.

Following a prep year, Declan is headed to Holy Cross.

Congrats to him. Some yahoo on the Canisius board was adamant that the kid was not a DI player. Apparently he is.

"Hey graphic guy, if you put me standing right in front of the logo, some people might think I transferred to UNC... Yeah, let's do that."

Congrats to him. Some yahoo on the Canisius board was adamant that the kid was not a DI player. Apparently he is.
Couple of my high school classmates played there and were chronicled in Feinstein’s book on the Patriot League, admitting they were on the worst team in D-I.

Willard gave them a few decent seasons soon after, but now they’re back down around the bottom of the pile. Will be interesting to see what Paulsen can do with them.

Right, Paulsen is there now. Interesting. Yes, Holy Cross has been putrid last several years. I know a kid that went there, never got to play. Transferred to another D1, and having a solid career since. Though his new D1 is coached by his dad's best friend. Sometimes it who you know :).

Hopefully Paulsen still has that A+ voice that just wowed sleepy Jabba.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT