ADVERTISEMENT

Davidson 1/14 Official Game Thread

CH_Spider

Assistant Coach
Nov 11, 2019
Colonial Heights, VA
Alright guys, national TV against a very good Davidson team. This is a game that could potentially (key word POTENTIALLY) turn this season in the right direction.

Message Board: https://davidsoncats.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Davidson: 13-2 (3-0)
Wins: Delaware, Pennsylvania, East Carolina, Robert Morris, Charlotte, William & Mary, Northeastern, Radford, #10 Alabama, Johnson & Wales, Saint Joe's, Rhode Island, & UMass
Losses: San Francisco, New Mexico State

What are the keys to a victory tonight?

Last edited:
I think it comes down to Davidson's shooting. We don't defend the 3 well, and they hit 3s. I think we have to hope they have an off night shooting. I think we have the personnel to dominate the paint, but CM isn't adjusting the offense to take advantage of it. On D, you have to preasure Davidson's guards high above 3 point line and use our guards quickness to our advantage. Would love to see Dji get minuets. His quickness and length could be a game changer against a team like Davidson.

I think it comes down to Davidson's shooting. We don't defend the 3 well, and they hit 3s. I think we have to hope they have an off night shooting. I think we have the personnel to dominate the paint, but CM isn't adjusting the offense to take advantage of it. On D, you have to preasure Davidson's guards high above 3 point line and use our guards quickness to our advantage. Would love to see Dji get minuets. His quickness and length could be a game changer against a team like Davidson.
Bingo! This is a night if we give up too many open 3's, we'll be burned. But, that means Mooney must adapt and change, and that's a big ask.

Alright guys, national TV against a very good Davidson team. This is a game that could potentially (key word POTENTIALLY) turn this season in the right direction.

Message Board: https://davidsoncats.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Davidson: 13-2 (3-0)
Wins: Delaware, Pennsylvania, East Carolina, Robert Morris, Charlotte, William & Mary, Northeastern, Radford, #10 Alabama, Johnson & Wales, Saint Joe's, Rhode Island, & UMass
Losses: San Francisco, New Mexico State

What are the keys to a victory tonight?
This is a huge step.

• Haha
Reactions: CH_Spider
Will be focusing on taking my in-person record to 10-1 tonight ... deserving of at-large consideration with the only loss being when Grant lost his cool in Des Moines and the subsequent aftermath.

Go Spiders and happy that Nick will be recognized tonight - in the back of my head hoping he might be teaching my daughter next year for 11th grade English at St Catherine's where his grandfather is girl's bball coach.

Last edited:
Will be focusing on taking my in-person record to 10-1 tonight ... deserving of at-large consideration with the only when Grant lost his cool in Des Moines and the subsequent aftermath. Go Spiders and happy that Nick will be recognized tonight.
This team needs all the help it can get. Keep up the good work. I am wearing my lucky shirt, which I have worn every time the Spiders won this year. I will also hunker down and wear tin foil on my head.

• Haha
Reactions: gospidersgo
This team needs all the help it can get. Keep up the good work. I am wearing my lucky shirt, which I have worn every time the Spiders won this year. I will also hunker down and wear tin foil on my head.
2nd game for me wearing a new slightly crazy (non-spiders) shirt tonight after I vowed never to wear my 2 main Spiders ones post the St Joe/SLU and home tv viewing with them on.

Last edited:
No Dji tonight 😢 stepped on a foot yesterday and has a nasty sprain on same foot he’s had issues with. Good news is the X-rays were negative but looks like a baseball on side of his foot. Can’t catch a break but he’s being better about it than the old man. Let’s Go 🕷🏀

Four A-10 teams playing tonight on ESPN networks tonight...three of them are undefeated in A-10 play so far.

I haven't looked at any stats but I think we score quite well inside. I'd actually say our inside scoring has been a focus and that's exactly what Mooney HAS done.
We can't stop anyone for 40 minutes but that's another story...

No Dji tonight 😢 stepped on a foot yesterday and has a nasty sprain on same foot he’s had issues with. Good news is the X-rays were negative but looks like a baseball on side of his foot. Can’t catch a break but he’s being better about it than the old man. Let’s Go 🕷🏀
Sorry to hear this SpiderDad. At least you got the word much sooner this time around. Guess that means you will be catching the game on ESPN tonight, so perhaps saves some of the travel budget.

Sorry to hear it, hope he gets well and it's smooth sailing from there on out

so we’re going to miss probably a quarter of the game here? Stream I have is freezing anyways so probably will have to just wait until morning.

13-2 and Mooney finally calls a timeout. Can't just keep waiting for the under 16 timeout. You have to stop the bleeding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT