ADVERTISEMENT

COVID on UR's campus

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
Has anyone heard of any COVID outbreaks on campus? There have been significant outbreaks on every other campus in Virginia, including JMU, UVA and VT.

It is impressive what the school has done to minimize the impact of Covid - 19.

We have intelligent students that know that they need to follow the guidelines, That’s important.
Although they've apparently given out around 150 citations to students, including a few suspensions.

Still, a small, relatively self-contained university with strong financial resources is in about the best position to keep a handle on things.

Seems like an underutilized recruitment tool that Mooney is not using effectively. "Come to UR and you won't die." I think that would resonate well with parents.

Reactions: Gallipoli
On another note, UVA has an on campus waste-water testing center. It can test and track the waste water and fecal matter of every dorm on campus. When the waste water shows a positive result, the everyone in entire dorm gets tested. They discovered that 5 girls out of 200 tested positive. Everyone, including my daughter, who came in contact with any of those 5 are being quarantined for 14 days. What a nightmare.

On another note, UVA has an on campus waste-water testing center. It can test and track the waste water and fecal matter of every dorm on campus. When the waste water shows a positive result, the everyone in entire dorm gets tested. They discovered that 5 girls out of 200 tested positive. Everyone, including my daughter, who came in contact with any of those 5 are being quarantined for 14 days. What a nightmare.
Yeah, I think a bunch of colleges are doing this. Instead of wasting money sending kids to college to major in pointless things like art history, business, coding or pre-law, just send them to the local Public Utilities department to apply for work as feces analyzers. I think they'll be in high demand for awhile.

Yeah, I think a bunch of colleges are doing this. Instead of wasting money sending kids to college to major in pointless things like art history, business, coding or pre-law, just send them to the local Public Utilities department to apply for work as feces analyzers. I think they'll be in high demand for awhile.
Feces U is right down the street from UR. They sure catch all the breaks.

That sounds like a $#!tty job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT