ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news for Lady Spiders

Article in the RTD about it this AM. This seems to have happen every year to them with an emphasis on "every".

Sheesh...Tolson and Menna. And Healy was already out for the entire season.

Sheesh...Tolson and Menna. And Healy was already out for the entire season.
They are truly the Bad News Bears of Basketball. When they seem to be set for a very good year, they are hit with the injury bug. Shaffer
has had a black cloud in his personal and career life with divorce, deaths and player injuries.

It seems like with this team it's not if you're going to get injured, but when. I know women's sports tend to have more leg injuries (facts are out there that are too technical for me), but this team is snakebit with injuries.

Playing 5 guards up until now and losing 2 contributors could mean for a long season.The bigs aren't ready and now the guard lineup just got far less experienced.

Gotta feel bad for them. Started the year with so much promise. But there I go again repeating myself.
Seriously though.....you do have to feel bad for them.

? why do you want to pick a fight -- if you don't want to see a fight?????

Meanwhile....the ladies have won one game since the 2 starters went down, and that was against La Salle, who was predicted to finish 12th in the A-10. Lost to Dayton (a top 2 squad) by 12 at home last night. The girls that remain are playing as best as they can, but they've got a long way to go. Hubbard can't score every point, but it seems that she's scoring about half our points and Parson is scoring the other half. They've got players (much like the men) who you can leave open and not worry about them taking a shot.

Shafer recruits "good representatives of the University". Not always the players with the most talent, but talented enough. He doesn't run a dirty program, but he's never been to the NCAA in 10+ years of being here. He's only had one season in the past 7-8 years where he hasn't had a good player miss considerable time with injuries. Not sure how long you can use that as an excuse, and it appears that his season is down the tubes. I don't see Gill firing him unless he has someone else in mind. I go to quite a few women's games, and I rarely see Gill there (I see Mooney and Rocco there more than Gill). Not sure if he cares about the program that much or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT