ADVERTISEMENT

Ayers to resign

am not attempting to start anything, received the email, noticed who signed it and was co-chair and recalled the rutgers deal and thought, wonder if? if Allison had not been proactive in stating her views, thoughts, would not have thought twice but since she did, then i did. look, know the Weinsteins, not Allison, and think they are super people and am grateful for their generosity to both UR and other entities around richmond so not any kind of witch hunt or anything else. UR and my parents taught me to think not just accept and this is a natural process in my mind. if a gay person is brought in, no probs as long as it was the best person we could get, if not the best person, then not OK.

I hope we don't pick anyone just because he is a man, or just because she is a woman or just because he or she is or is not gay. But if you are worried someone might be picked for a specific reason, and then someone who matches that assumption is picked, how will you be able to tell if that person was picked for those reasons or because he/she was the best person?

I trust the people doing the selecting to do an excellent job. There should be no shortage of highly qualified candidates.

Eight, because it happens and if you don't think that it does, you are not living in the real world. because a co-chair on the selection committee has stated her agenda in the past, think this is a legitimate discussion to have here. it does not mean our discussion will shape or mold the process in any way, it will not. if the board wishes to show how accepting they are, how open they are, to score some brownie points with those who decide which universities, to them, are among the best, they will go in that direction. the board has made mistakes in the past in this process and made some great hires as well but just picking the wrong fit i will live with but if a bad fit while trying to score points, will detest. am, by raising these questions, not stating for a fact that this is what is going on at all, am just throwing this out for obvious reasons for us fans to ponder, think about, discuss. am trusting you politically correct folks, will not try and make this off limits, too sensitive, to talk about here.

Spinner, you are jumping beyond the scope of my question. My question genuinely was: If you have an assumption that someone may be looking for a specific type of person to hire but you also believe or want to believe that the best person will be hired, then how do you tell the difference if the person hired fits the criteria about which you were originally worried?

Whether or not this happens elsewhere or in general is irrelevant to this conversation. I agree with you that it most certainly does happen elsewhere. I think our different outlooks here are that you are skeptical of anything that gives you reason to be skeptical and I am more trusting of the process and the people involved until given a reason to believe otherwise. That's fine too.

I'd also appreciate it if you stop labeling me as a "politically correct" type.

feel that i gave plenty of reason why we should discuss this here, the board member gave it to us. Eight, you have already admitted, confessed, whatever one may call it, that you are of the politically correct crowd, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Originally posted by Eight Legger:

I'd also appreciate it if you stop labeling me as a "politically correct" type.
Oh yeah? Prove that you're not in that crowd.

Write something that's politically incorrect.

Go.

This post was edited on 8/19 12:31 PM by MolivaManiac

I really cannot stand being labeled as anything. I find it offensive as hell. I'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm not "politically correct." I try to be respectful of people and inclusive in how I think and how I look at situations from many angles. I realize that other people view things differently, but I don't label them or try to fit them into my own preconceived notions of who they are or how they think. That's unfair to them. Spinner, I have not "confessed" to anything because I have nothing to confess to or about.

Eight, calm down, you are way too defensive and always attempting to rationalize and none of that matters, you are a friend and you have no reason to feel uncomfortable or offended by this at all.

Ms. Weinstein was on the presidential selection last time and we hired a civil war historian.

WS you have made me curious what was the agenda she stated in this email? I'm not even sure how gay activism could come up in an email about patriot league football and Bill Cooper. Actually I guess I can envision that but its probably an interesting story nonetheless.

Got it, Spinner. Trying to rationalize anything is meaningless. Ok. And in the future, I'll be sure to come to you and ask when I should or shouldn't take offense about something. Although I guess no one is ever allowed to take offense to anything, or else they must be "politically correct." I'm done here.

GK, the only thing that i recall from her diatribe to the Admiral was that she was an activist for gay issues. there were probably some other important items thrown out at that time but was the only one which stuck with me. certainly am not knocking her for that stance, only saying there could be an agenda with her being co-chair of this particular selection committee. the rutgers deal had nothing to do with gay issues in my mind, just that the chair of that selection committee did have an admitted agenda and it came back to bite both her and the university.

The McDonnell Trial has nothing on this Lover's Quarrel.

Eight, I heard WebSpinner will let you borrow his Ferrari if you say something politically incorrect. Come on!

feel in my own mind that i share all the same attributes, thoughts, feelings as Eight claims but just don't agree with speech being hushed and NO, Eight does not get the ferrari, not even a sniff, no matter what he says or does....

Re: No Mo "Mo"

M, no more referring to you as "Mo". The bar has been lowered too far and that name has been burned into Virginia history infamy. Will Mo McD testify? Gosh I hope so, right after her God fearing family comes first patriarch and I hope she is at her nut bag best as she rips him a new one so big he can fit the failed new rte 460 loaded with all the hybrids in the state and lined with all the state run liquor stores with parking lots and awnings meeting what is ignorantly required of all womens clinics, as she messes up his hair with a 10 inch transvaginal probe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT