ADVERTISEMENT

Aiden Argabright - 2025 Commit

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
PG out of John Marshall. Mississippi State and Charleston offered last fall, and some lower-level schools earlier than that.

Was previously at St. Stephens & St. Agnes up in NOVA.

I see this January interview from UVA Rivals site back in January about an unofficial visit there where he mentions Mississippi State and UR prioritizing him.

Reactions: LKNSPIDER
Isn’t it a little odd that a city of Richmond public hs is recruiting like a private prep school? A kid from Northern VA going to St Stephen’s moves to John Marshall. Not something I expected to read. I know they r very good but they sound more like Oak Hill. Schools in their same classification can’t be ecstatic.

smaller, lightning quick guard with deep range?
from John Marshall?
we graduate Delonnie and B Artis this year?
I'm calling it early. we land Argabright this summer. perfect fit.

Anybody have a 247 subscription?

Hears most from UR, UVA, OK ST.
We have been in contact over the past year.
Likes UVA and their proximity.
Knows little about OK St, but planning a visit.
Mooney was at one of his games.
6 ft guard thats a deadly shot maker. 30 points against some other AAU program thats good.

Hasnt scheduled any visits yet because hes focusing on basketball.

Great news!!

WEBAiden Argabright - 2025 Point guard for John Marshall (Richmond, VA) on Rivals.com.
Which is why I wondered why south side hoops used the address @JMHSRams

Thanks AI…

More announcements of his commitment to UR and retweeted by Aiden. Looks to be official

Ranked #204 in class of 2025 on 247 and 10th best player in Virginia. 24th best PG in the class.

Most notable offers from: Mississippi State, Charleston, Murray State

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Aiden. This is a nice looking class and seems like a highly rated one according to 247. It's crazy how much the transfer portal has changed the buzz around hs recruits. I think we normally would be talking a lot more about these three, but with college ready and proven transfers always available I think it diminishes our interest a bit.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I’m glad to see UR having some luck with the local high schools again and hope to see big contributions on the court.

I also like UR going with a mix of high school recruits and transfers. Hopefully they can take advantage of the shift in focus of the major programs and gain some higher level talent that they can retain for 3-4 years.

Isn’t it a little odd that a city of Richmond public hs is recruiting like a private prep school? A kid from Northern VA going to St Stephen’s moves to John Marshall. Not something I expected to read. I know they r very good but they sound more like Oak Hill. Schools in their same classification can’t be ecstatic.

There are plenty of complaints from other schools in their classification, they definitely don't operate like the average public school. I place more of the blame on the VHSL for allowing it rather than JM skirting the rules.

Either way welcome aboard Aiden!

JOC on the commitment:

Argabright is from Alexandria and played at St. Stephen’s and At. Agnes School in that area before transferring to John Marshall. He picked UR over Mississippi State, Charleston, Hofstra, and Radford, among others. Argabright's offer from Richmond came in May. He averaged 14.3 points, 2.8 assists and 2.1 steals last season as a junior for John Marshall while shooting 43% from 3-point distance.

There are plenty of complaints from other schools in their classification, they definitely don't operate like the average public school. I place more of the blame on the VHSL for allowing it rather than JM skirting the rules.

Either way welcome aboard Aiden!
If you are a really good high school player in either girls or boys, there are numerous public and private high school that are gonna recruit you these days. I wish VHSL would crack down on this, as it just allows some public schools to create super teams, like John Marshall has and then just simply destroy their competition. John Marshall has one 3 straight state titles, this last year they won the state championship game by 57 points. They were named the number 1 high team in the country in 2023. I don't see the spirit of competition when you are destroying other high schools with regularity.

Now for us, the fact that Aiden is at John Marshall and a really good player for them, means that he is a really good player.

called this one on 5/21!
only time I've gone out on a limb with an early recruiting projection. I'll retire one for one!
We'll miss you, but enjoy your board retirement! GK will check in from time to time with updates for you, and Fan1 will send your prediction trophy to the last email address on file!

If you are a really good high school player in either girls or boys, there are numerous public and private high school that are gonna recruit you these days. I wish VHSL would crack down on this, as it just allows some public schools to create super teams, like John Marshall has and then just simply destroy their competition. John Marshall has one 3 straight state titles, this last year they won the state championship game by 57 points. They were named the number 1 high team in the country in 2023. I don't see the spirit of competition when you are destroying other high schools with regularity.

Now for us, the fact that Aiden is at John Marshall and a really good player for them, means that he is a really good player.
To be fair JAYEM has requested multiple times to be reclassified to the VHSLs highest division. I know the lower level schools arent enjoying it either. As you alluded too on another point, this is a VHSL enforcement and common sense issue.

I can't find the attendance breakdowns for the 6 VHSL classifications, only that Class 1 is for schools with 475 kids or fewer. But I think 6 is too many groups for one state, except maybe for football. Just cut it to 3 or 4 and it probably solves some things.

Are we naming some guys who we once recruited? Even if not, I’ll get in. It’s offseason and boring to wait on scheduling news. (Note: Andrew White III is excluded for generating too many side comments.)

Keeping it to non-Spiders:

Taj Finger

(one and done in honor of spiderman’s comment.)

• Haha
Reactions: spiderman
Alex Caruso may be the one that ended up being the most accomplished, at least during my Spider-affiliated cognizance.

For so many years WE were disappointed by recruits that got away. Now I hear the Wows and
Yippee s, on here. Sure, some of your are skeptical, and have a right to be since recruiting can
be a crap shoot, But, hopefully we will continue being a player in the bigger pools.

I think we were probably still too close to the D. Williams era to be super excited about another (seemingly) undersized big forward. Similar size profile. Grant Williams obvs exploded once he got to college tho. Not sure anyone really expected him to be SEC POY and be that good, he wasn't heavily recruited IIRC and jumped at the UT offer once it came.

I think we were probably still too close to the D. Williams era to be super excited about another (seemingly) undersized big forward. Similar size profile. Grant Williams obvs exploded once he got to college tho. Not sure anyone really expected him to be SEC POY and be that good, he wasn't heavily recruited IIRC and jumped at the UT offer once it came.
D.will was really good until his back injury. Would love to have another player like him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT