ADVERTISEMENT

A few irons

Spiders05

May 12, 2003
Richmond, VA
www.spidernation.com
I have a few irons in the fire, as far as producing some original content. One is an interview with our latest football recruit, Chee Anyanwu from Buford, GA. Before it gets mentioned, I know he needs to be added to the commit list.

I was REALLY impressed with his answers to the questions. He's a guy that really seems to get "it." When looking at his tape, I felt we had snagged one and would not have been surprised to see him jump to a FBS school. He's been hurt this year with a hamstring, so has missed most of his senior year.

I wanted to provide a sneak peek to the Premium guys. He was his response to, "Why Richmond?"

I chose Richmond because the education is top of the line, and the football is great. I loved the campus because it was mellow and was beautiful. When I visited, I fit in with the players as if we'd known each other for a while.The location is perfect, because I wanted to get a good distance from home. I thought of it as a business decision, because when it's all said and done and football is over, it's vital to have a degree from a prestigious school and an education that would prepare me for the real world post-college. I could've easily gone to a FBS school just to get on ESPN each week, but when football is done the degree doesn't hold as much weight as one from a better school. Richmond just so happened to offer me all of these things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News