ADVERTISEMENT

A-10 Awards: Burton Most Improved

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Burton named A-10 most improved player, Francis and Gilly on second team, Golden on third-team. Gilly also on all-defensive team.

Bones was POY, Schmidt COY, Osunniyi DPOY, Kolek ROY

Reactions: plydogg
Congrats to the Spiders who were recognized.

Bones as a soph winning POY. I'd say a soph winning POY in a league like A10 does signify you have very good NBA draft prospects.

Last edited:

Bones as a soph winning POY. I'd say a soph winning POY in a league like A10 does signify you have very good NBA draft prospects.
He's a nice player, but who else was going to win the award? VCU had only one possibility -- the guy who took more than twice as many shots as everyone else on their team except one. Bona had four solid players, not one dominant one. Same with Davidson. No other team was good enough to justify having the conference player of the year.

Because the drop off after those 4 - really 5 because I think Cayo is an A10 caliber player as he has shown at multiple times is extremely drastic. We have one injury like we did or pauses that knock us out of rhythym and the wheels fall off.

He's a nice player, but who else was going to win the award? VCU had only one possibility -- the guy who took more than twice as many shots as everyone else on their team except one. Bona had four solid players, not one dominant one. Same with Davidson. No other team was good enough to justify having the conference player of the year.

I don’t know he led preseason #9 to NCAA. I know u r wiling to die on the Bones is not that good hill but it feels well deserved.

maybe the POY & ncaa leads him to going into draft. Hope so otherwise vcu will be even better than expected next year. Although for us it doesn’t matter vcu will beat us regardless.

Like I said, he's a good player, I just think things broke right for him to be player of the year. Bona is the better team and deserved a POY but who would you pick from there? They have multiple very good players. VCU had one.

Like I said, he's a good player, I just think things broke right for him to be player of the year. Bona is the better team and deserved a POY but who would you pick from there? They have multiple very good players. VCU had one.
Yeah, Baldwin, Ward and Williams all suck. All rookie, All defense, 3rd teamer.

Absolutely impossible based upon other postings I’ve read on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: plydogg
Yeah, Baldwin, Ward and Williams all suck. All rookie, All defense, 3rd teamer.
Williams was the only other player on the team who averaged 10 points or more a game.

Meanwhile, all five Bona starters did, four of them averaged more than 5 boards a game and four averaged more than two assists a game. My point was very clear. No one else from VCU could have been considered for POY, but at least four Bona players could have been.

What did Mooney win besides $1,300,000/yr for life?
The nicest guy award, most players graduating award, and last but not least; the most fluid award. Damn I bet Mooney probably doesn’t even have the highest graduation rate in the conference, if that’s the case I’m surprised he hasn’t been fired...

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT