ADVERTISEMENT

A-10 Awards: Burton Second Team, Grace All-Academic

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Ace named POY and DPOY. Other first-teamers include Collins, Bishop, Holmes, Camara, and Oduro. Urgo wins COY.

A bit surprised that Burton didn’t make first team although hard to argue with most guys on there. I think overall he is a better player than Bishop but hard not to make first team when you’re the league leader in scoring, even if you are an obscene ball hog.

A bit surprised that Burton didn’t make first team although hard to argue with most guys on there. I think overall he is a better player than Bishop but hard not to make first team when you’re the league leader in scoring, even if you are an obscene ball

Good for MFG. A lot of guys, our guys included, don't seem to have a solid plan for success coming out of college (I know I didn't 😉), other than hoops. He is getting great experience in his extra year, excelled academically, and is an all time Spider hero after last season. Well done!! And hopefully we get a few more MFG heroics this week.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Burton is certainly a first team all A-10 player, but I doubt many teams that finish 12th in the league get guys on the first team. His being name second team is a product of that.

Burton is certainly a first team all A-10 player, but I doubt many teams that finish 12th in the league get guys on the first team. His being name second team is a product of that.
agreed if we won more he's 1st team. but he also shot poorly from 3 this year (29.7%).
which made his eFG% his lowest since freshman year.
it's tough being the #1 (and sometimes only) offensive threat.

he's a better player from coming back, though.
handle is better though still has room to improve.
defense is dramatically better.

Reactions: SpiderK
Also, I'm not sure how much leadership skills are truly valued at the next level, but Burton has really shown some great leadership abilities. He seems to be well liked by the other players and certainly holds himself to high standards as the leader of our team.

Reactions: SpiderK
Good for MFG. A lot of guys, our guys included, don't seem to have a solid plan for success coming out of college (I know I didn't 😉), other than hoops. He is getting great experience in his extra year, excelled academically, and is an all time Spider hero after last season. Well done!! And hopefully we get a few more MFG heroics this week.
So does he start as CIO of Spider Management on 7/1?
Isn't that what I heard? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT