ADVERTISEMENT

8-23

To be fair, Roach didn't miss as many as his stats say he did. He made at least one, maybe two, that ended up not counting. And everyone thought the two was a three, initially.
Yes, I could see 4-9. The two, 1 after the buzzer, 1 after they had called a Dukes foul elsewhere.

Reactions: urfan1
My comment was after his one turnover which was early in the first half. On the season he has 42 assists and 33 turnovers which is not nearly good enough. For reference, Quinn has 43 assists and 20 turnovers. Nelson has shown flashes but we need much more out of our starting PG
He is a freshman who hasn’t had live game play in 2 years. He is performing as reasonably expected. And learning on the job, which will only help him. Especially at end of half situations.

Couldn't watch live, I watched the replay knowing the outcome, so was able to watch it without the usual emotional flow of ups and downs and with a more even keel. Honestly, I didn't think UR played terribly to go down 22, maybe because I was expecting that to be something like 30-8 rather than 10 minutes of basically even play before a nuclear stretch of shooting by DUQ. Never seen a college team hit like that either. Spiders def. could have forced tougher looks, and I think Goose was on bench during the initial 10 point run (4 point play started it IIRC) but from that point on, UR really played well the last 25 minutes.

Tyler is playing as well as any Spider I can remember during this stretch. Weird to say a guy held Spiders in a game in which UR was down 15 at half but without his monster first half it would likely have been too big a mountain to climb. The other guys all contributing in the 2nd half was what UR needs regularly, and what the road games haven't yet delivered.

Tyler now 21st in ppg in NCAA at 19.7

Hated getting behind, but DU was on fire, felt that had to end. Love the grit and determination shown by the team to come back. We got some breaks, but made some of them ourselves. Earned and well deserved win! Hopefully a stepping stone to build on. Currently in 6 way tie for second place.

Hopefully, this game is a turning point. First game, where we actually completed the big comeback. Now, maybe we can break another allusive marker and win a tough game on the road. I don't want to greedy here or anything, anytime Mooney delivers something nice, he usually leaves us a hot steamer shortly thereafter.

I’m a bit delayed on thoughts for this one but really loved seeing us only have 7 turnovers to 14 assists. It came down to the last shot and if we have 3-4 more turnovers we may be down and out of that game.

Nelson with only 1 turnover in 33 minutes was a big development for me. After 5 against GW it was nice to see him settle in and not get rattled.

Bigelow, Grace, and Quinn were great. 23 rebounds, 11 assists and 1 turnover between the 3 of them. They also combined for 30 points on 9-19 shooting from the floor (Quinn’s 7-13 from the line wasn’t great but at least he’s attacking and drawing fouls). If we can get that type of efficiency out of those three guys every game we are going to be very tough to beat.

Every game we seem to be getting slightly better and more cohesive. I was harsh on Mooney early on and I do think we should have had another 3-4 wins right now, but the past is the past. 9-7 looks a hell of a lot better than 8-8. If we can continue to hold serve at home and pickup at least one W on the road (let’s start tomorrow at Davidson) I like where we are at right now. I’m wearing my rose colored glasses but it is a lot more fun to be positive than negative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT